How to Configure LLM for OpenClaw in TOS

TOS application, TNAS PC, TNAS mobile
User avatar
Gremlin
Gold Member
Posts: 1766
Joined: 02 Dec 2022, 22:31
Great Britain

Re: How to Configure LLM for OpenClaw in TOS

Post by Gremlin »

rfbjr wrote: ↑26 Sep 2026, 02:23
and, slowly, they drag you in deeper ..... :twisted:
F5-221 TOS7.0.1278 - 4x4TB (Ironwolf) Traid
F2-424 TOS7.0.1278 - 2x500GB nvme (P3) Traid, 2x6TB HDD (HGST) Traid
F2-221 TOS7.0.1278 - 1x3TB Ext4, 1x4TB Btrfs
F2-425+ TOS7.0.1278 - 2x500GB nvme (P3) Traid, 2x6TB HDD (EXOS) Traid
User avatar
rfbjr
Silver Member
Posts: 478
Joined: 16 May 2024, 23:43
United States of America

Re: How to Configure LLM for OpenClaw in TOS

Post by rfbjr »

That's the thing, it was annoyingly challenging to try to get OpenClaw and Ollama to talk to each other.
Now that I'm using a different LLM and that took less than 20min to get it going, now what do I do with it? :)
F6-424 & F4-425 Plus at 7.0.1298
F4-424 Pro (x2) at 7.0.1298
D4-320 (Offline until I can afford more HDDs)
User avatar
MikeZhang
TM Support
Posts: 443
Joined: 05 Sep 2023, 22:21

Re: How to Configure LLM for OpenClaw in TOS

Post by MikeZhang »

rfbjr wrote: ↑26 Sep 2026, 06:40
Glad you got it working — and yes, Ollama can be a pain to wire up. Now that you‘re connected, the best place to start is the OpenClaw docs, which cover the main use cases and skills: https://docs.openclaw.ai

A simple example to try:
Set up a scheduled task that checks a folder every morning and messages you a summary

Or execute scripts, run commands, and read/write files.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @

Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com(for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com(for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
User avatar
rfbjr
Silver Member
Posts: 478
Joined: 16 May 2024, 23:43
United States of America

Re: How to Configure LLM for OpenClaw in TOS

Post by rfbjr »

MikeZhang wrote: ↑26 Sep 2026, 15:47
rfbjr wrote: ↑26 Sep 2026, 06:40
Glad you got it working — and yes, Ollama can be a pain to wire up. Now that you‘re connected, the best place to start is the OpenClaw docs, which cover the main use cases and skills: https://docs.openclaw.ai

A simple example to try:
Set up a scheduled task that checks a folder every morning and messages you a summary

Or execute scripts, run commands, and read/write files.
Thank you, I will check this out. I have some ideas, like show all the next run times for all my rsync jobs as well as Cloudsync ones.
F6-424 & F4-425 Plus at 7.0.1298
F4-424 Pro (x2) at 7.0.1298
D4-320 (Offline until I can afford more HDDs)
User avatar
rfbjr
Silver Member
Posts: 478
Joined: 16 May 2024, 23:43
United States of America

Re: How to Configure LLM for OpenClaw in TOS

Post by rfbjr »

MikeZhang wrote: ↑26 Sep 2026, 15:47
rfbjr wrote: ↑26 Sep 2026, 06:40
Glad you got it working — and yes, Ollama can be a pain to wire up. Now that you‘re connected, the best place to start is the OpenClaw docs, which cover the main use cases and skills: https://docs.openclaw.ai

A simple example to try:
Set up a scheduled task that checks a folder every morning and messages you a summary

Or execute scripts, run commands, and read/write files.
I didn't read it yet, but is there also some notes about the TOS plugin for OpenClaw? I think it's called a plugin?
F6-424 & F4-425 Plus at 7.0.1298
F4-424 Pro (x2) at 7.0.1298
D4-320 (Offline until I can afford more HDDs)
User avatar
rfbjr
Silver Member
Posts: 478
Joined: 16 May 2024, 23:43
United States of America

Re: How to Configure LLM for OpenClaw in TOS

Post by rfbjr »

I guess this is better than saying (to paraphrase) "I'm sorry Bob, I'm afraid I can't do that"

Image
F6-424 & F4-425 Plus at 7.0.1298
F4-424 Pro (x2) at 7.0.1298
D4-320 (Offline until I can afford more HDDs)
User avatar
Gremlin
Gold Member
Posts: 1766
Joined: 02 Dec 2022, 22:31
Great Britain

Re: How to Configure LLM for OpenClaw in TOS

Post by Gremlin »

Goodnight HAL.
F5-221 TOS7.0.1278 - 4x4TB (Ironwolf) Traid
F2-424 TOS7.0.1278 - 2x500GB nvme (P3) Traid, 2x6TB HDD (HGST) Traid
F2-221 TOS7.0.1278 - 1x3TB Ext4, 1x4TB Btrfs
F2-425+ TOS7.0.1278 - 2x500GB nvme (P3) Traid, 2x6TB HDD (EXOS) Traid
User avatar
rfbjr
Silver Member
Posts: 478
Joined: 16 May 2024, 23:43
United States of America

Re: How to Configure LLM for OpenClaw in TOS

Post by rfbjr »

Regarding that screen shot I posted, can I create any admin account for OpenClaw rather than the master one? If I pretty much give it access to everything will that work? If not that should be changed. If the situation arose I could kill that account and still have a functioning system.
F6-424 & F4-425 Plus at 7.0.1298
F4-424 Pro (x2) at 7.0.1298
D4-320 (Offline until I can afford more HDDs)
User avatar
rfbjr
Silver Member
Posts: 478
Joined: 16 May 2024, 23:43
United States of America

Re: How to Configure LLM for OpenClaw in TOS

Post by rfbjr »

Okay not bad.

Image


Image
F6-424 & F4-425 Plus at 7.0.1298
F4-424 Pro (x2) at 7.0.1298
D4-320 (Offline until I can afford more HDDs)
User avatar
TMroy
TM Support
Posts: 3135
Joined: 10 Mar 2020, 14:04
China

Re: How to Configure LLM for OpenClaw in TOS

Post by TMroy »

rfbjr wrote: ↑27 Sep 2026, 06:47
OpenClaw is currently restricted to administrator users only and operates with maximum privileges. Please proceed with caution.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Post Reply

Return to “Applications”