A word of appreciation for the TOS 7 development team / Un agradecimiento al equipo de desarrollo de TOS 7

This forum serves as a free discussion zone, intended to facilitate community conversations on topics unrelated to TerraMaster products and services.
Post Reply
User avatar
tasete30
Posts: 17
Joined: 18 Oct 2020, 22:08
Spain

A word of appreciation for the TOS 7 development team / Un agradecimiento al equipo de desarrollo de TOS 7

Post by tasete30 »

I know it's common to post here to ask for help or complain about problems, so I'd like to take this opportunity to say: thank you to the TOS 7 development team.

I'm very happy with TOS 7.

It took me a long time to make the jump from TOS 5 to TOS 7, mainly because my NAS is quite old (F5-221). But in the end I decided to do it, and I'm very glad I did.

Before upgrading, I took all reasonable precautions — I couldn't make a full backup because I ran out of space on the system, but all my other data was duplicated elsewhere. I researched the upgrade process thoroughly, confirmed my NAS version was compatible, and followed my notes step by step. Everything went perfectly.

I went to TOS 6 first, where I already noticed some improvements, and then to TOS 7 — and that's when I really felt the difference. The UI is much faster, the OpenClaw AI agent is a great addition, and the overall progress is significant.

So I want to extend my sincere congratulations to everyone involved in TOS 7. I believe it's the best version of TOS to date, and it represents a very high leap in quality. I'm very happy I chose TerraMaster for this journey.

Thank you! 🎉

Sé que es habitual que se escriba un post aquí para pedir ayuda o quejarse de un problema, así que quiero aprovechar esta ocasión para decir: gracias al equipo de desarrollo de TOS 7.

Estoy muy contento con TOS 7.

Me costó mucho dar el paso desde TOS 5 a TOS 7, principalmente porque mi NAS es bastante antiguo (F5-221). Pero al final me decidí y no puedo estar más feliz de la decisión.

Antes de hacerlo tomé todas las precauciones posibles — no pude hacer un backup completo porque no tengo espacio en el sistema, pero el resto de mis datos los tenía duplicados. Investigué el proceso de actualización al detalle, confirmé que mi versión del NAS era compatible, y siguiendo mis notas todo fue perfectamente.

Pasé primero a TOS 6, donde ya vi mejoras, y luego a TOS 7 — y ahí es donde realmente noté la diferencia. La interfaz gráfica es mucho más rápida, el agente de IA OpenClaw es un gran añadido, y el avance ha sido muy grande.

Así que quiero dar mis más sinceras felicitaciones a todo el equipo involucrado en TOS 7. Creo que es la mejor versión de TOS hasta la fecha y representa un salto de calidad muy alto. Estoy muy contento de haber elegido TerraMaster para esta aventura.
User avatar
Gremlin
Gold Member
Posts: 1766
Joined: 02 Dec 2022, 22:31
Great Britain

Re: A word of appreciation for the TOS 7 development team / Un agradecimiento al equipo de desarrollo de TOS 7

Post by Gremlin »

While I agree the team do need thanks, I also get the feeling that Tos7 was announced and pushed out of the door more for marketing purposes than to present a polished final product. I will probably never agree on the need to include an AI engine/client on a NAS - but the Tnas devices are moving way beyond that simple definition.
F5-221 TOS7.0.1278 - 4x4TB (Ironwolf) Traid
F2-424 TOS7.0.1278 - 2x500GB nvme (P3) Traid, 2x6TB HDD (HGST) Traid
F2-221 TOS7.0.1278 - 1x3TB Ext4, 1x4TB Btrfs
F2-425+ TOS7.0.1278 - 2x500GB nvme (P3) Traid, 2x6TB HDD (EXOS) Traid
User avatar
tasete30
Posts: 17
Joined: 18 Oct 2020, 22:08
Spain

Re: A word of appreciation for the TOS 7 development team / Un agradecimiento al equipo de desarrollo de TOS 7

Post by tasete30 »

While the device's operation doesn't depend on whether it includes an AI agent or not, it's an incredible help when identifying and fixing NAS issues. Perhaps Terramaster could have released a more polished product with TOS7, but I can definitely notice the cache management improvement in TOS7 compared to TOS5. I have to admit I barely tried TOS6 since I moved from TOS5 to 7 quite quickly and only had it for about a day of use. But TOS7 running on my unit with the RAM upgrade performs excellently and is very stable. I'd say it's quite better than the previous versions.
User avatar
TMroy
TM Support
Posts: 3135
Joined: 10 Mar 2020, 14:04
China

Re: A word of appreciation for the TOS 7 development team / Un agradecimiento al equipo de desarrollo de TOS 7

Post by TMroy »

tasete30 wrote: ↑02 Sep 2026, 16:00
Gremlin wrote: ↑02 Sep 2026, 05:50
Hi tasete30, thank you for the thoughtful post — we're really glad the upgrade went smoothly and that you're enjoying TOS 7. And Gremlin, we hear you too; your feedback on the release and AI features has been noted and shared with the team. Continuous improvement is exactly what drives us. Thanks to both of you for taking the time!
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Post Reply

Return to “Lounge and Boast”