marcexeu

Cannot use Hypercache

Post by marcexeu »

Current config:

T2-212
2x 1tb HDD in raid 1 - ext4
+
1x 1tb SSD to be used as cache connected to the usb 3.0 port

When i try to create the hypercache using my 1tb SSD attached to the USB port it only allows me to use a random value of GB (56, 23,26,23..gb even if the disk is empty) and even if i go further with the creation of the cache it:

creates it but i cannot access my folders anymore
or
does not show up as created

can you please help me?

Thank you and regards,

M.
TMzzl
TerraMaster Team

Re: Cannot use Hypercache

Post by TMzzl »

{L_BUTTON_AT}marcexeu

You can first pull out the SSD and format it, and then restart the system to see if the volume is running properly. If it is running properly, please stop all applications before creating the SSD cache.
marcexeu

Post by marcexeu »

I have no apps installed, no partitions on the ssd, restarted the NAS but still have the same issue.
marcexeu

Post by marcexeu »

the only thing running was smb, i have disabled it and still have the same issue.
marcexeu

Post by marcexeu »

i have factory reseted the nas, deleted the volume and storage pools, recreated it from a scrath using traid + btrfs and still have the same issue, please help me.
TMzzl
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMzzl »

{L_BUTTON_AT}marcexeu
The running memory size, the disk size of the created SSD, and the volume size all affect the SSD capacity. Please check and tell us what the size is so we can help you out.
marcexeu

Post by marcexeu »

TMzzl wrote: 12 Mar 2024, 09:25 [at=marcexeu post_id=33722 time=1710190037 user_id=9032][/at]
The running memory size, the disk size of the created SSD, and the volume size all affect the SSD capacity. Please check and tell us what the size is so we can help you out.
i Have now:

2x 1TB HDD in Raid 1

As cache i had tried to use both a 1tb and a 240gb ssd, i cannot ever go over 43gb and most of the time when creating the cache if just does not creates it, even if it says it was done.
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMzethar »

To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)

Return to “Storage”