Disk Partitions TNAS - Help

RAID, Volume, storage pool, hard drive, USB, SSD cache and iSCSI LUN
Marin

Disk Partitions TNAS - Help

Post by Marin »

I have read in this forum that when we create a storage pool, TOS makes four partitions on the disk, boot partition, swap partition, system partition, and data partition.

I have also read that, If there are multiple disks in TNAS, each disk is treated as a system disk, and the Swap partition and system partition on each disk are assembled into a RAID 1 array, ensuring that system configurations and database change data are backed up on each system disk, providing flexibility for disk replacement.

I'm doing tests on my nas, since I'm new to this topic.

I had a Raid 1 on my NAS, with only a few gigabytes of information in my user folder, specifically photos for Terra Photos.

Since you cannot go from Raid 1 to Traid, I made a new storage block in Raid with another hard drive.

Once this is done, I turn off the nas and remove this new disk, turning on the nas with only Raid 1 with the photos in my user folder.

I delete the volume, and the storage block.

I turn off the NAS, and connect the Traid disk only.

I have lost the information in the user folder, and the Terra Photos application

Does anyone know why?
TMzzl
TerraMaster Team

Re: Disk Partitions TNAS - Help

Post by TMzzl »

{L_BUTTON_AT}Marin

Apps are downloaded to the default volume, and if you delete them accidentally, they will be lost along with data and configuration.
Gremlin
Great Britain

Re: Disk Partitions TNAS - Help

Post by Gremlin »

Marin wrote: 23 Dec 2023, 03:17 I delete the volume, and the storage block.
This bit. You don't appear to have made a backup or copy of the data before deletion.

{When you created the TRAID, only the system partitions are recreated as raid 1 mirror. The storage partitions (Volume1, etc) are untouched. All your data and apps are on Volume1, etc.}
F5-221 5.1.123, 8GB System Partition on 3 x 4TB Traid; 3TB EXT4
F2-221 TOS6 (Beta), 8GB System Partition on 2 x 6TB in Traid. (Latest Update 11/04/24)

Return to “Storage”