Moving raid (5) from one tnas to another

RAID, Volume, storage pool, hard drive, USB, SSD cache and iSCSI LUN
Drestinnuttin
Canada

Moving raid (5) from one tnas to another

Post by Drestinnuttin »

I have a F4 220 that has failed, doesn’t beep (POST), on power up.
I’m more interested in saving my data vs the nas. Is there a current model to which I can move my drives and have the raid come online? Can I move my 4 drives to the F2 210, for example, and expect it to bring the raid online?
Drestinnuttin
Canada

Re: Moving raid (5) from one tnas to another

Post by Drestinnuttin »

That’s should have read F4 210.
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMzethar »

F4-210 requires a specific storage partition format, which is different from F4-220.
You may consider purchasing a new TNAS with x86 architecture CPU.
If you purchase TNAS with the suffix 221/421/422, you can directly place the original hard drive and start it directly.
If you purchased TNAS with the suffix 223/423/424, you will need to manually/customize the installation of the TOS4 version you previously used. If there are any prompts for "delete/format" data during the installation process, for data security reasons, please do not continue but contact our technical support to assist you.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Drestinnuttin
Canada

Post by Drestinnuttin »

Thanks for the reply. I’m leaning towards the f4-423 as it looks like an upgraded version of the one I currently have.
Can you please describe the customization/modification I’ll have to make to increase the likelihood of no data loss on volume installation?
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMzethar »

{L_BUTTON_AT}Drestinnuttin
This usually depends on the specific situation.
Because your storage structure comes from TOS4 and is not suitable for TOS 5.1, it is recommended that you choose "Custom Installation" and manually download and install TOS4.
If there are any words "delete/format" during the installation process, please stop and do not continue. Please seek assistance through the customer service window on the right side of the official website homepage or technical support email.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Drestinnuttin
Canada

Post by Drestinnuttin »

Thank you for all the help.
I have an f4-423 en route to me.
ArtFish

Post by ArtFish »

How did you get on with the move to the new chassis?

My F4-220 still has a POST beep, but 4 red lights after that, so am going down the replacement INIBoot system (hopefully the correct TOS) - but I am thinking my end route will end up being the new chassis.

Like you my goal is saving the data -v- the hardware

Return to “Storage”