"appdata" and "public" on all drives

RAID, Volume, storage pool, hard drive, USB, SSD cache and iSCSI LUN
emogg

"appdata" and "public" on all drives

Post by emogg »

Each time I add a new drive I get a new "appdata" and "public" directory on the new drive but I can only access it in the File Manager or Control Panel and none of the others. In my case I can only see the one on md2 but the webserver was set up initially on md0.

How can I stop these directories from being created and moving about?

How can I remove the ones on md1 md2 so that I can see the one on md0?
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Re: "appdata" and "public" on all drives

Post by TMSupport »

Hi, please advise your TNAS model number and current TOS version, also your installed HDDs and how did you install the TOS system. Did you install TOS on each hard drive one by one or did you install TOS on all your hard drives at one time ?
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
emogg

Post by emogg »

TNAS-0110A8, F4-210, TOS 4.1.18-2001031356.

I initially installed only one Seagate Ironwolf 4TB drive. Later I added two more Ironwolf 4TB drives one at a time and did not install TOS on them as far as I know because I do not know how to do that. In any case why would I need duplicate public and appdata directories on the other drives?
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

Hi, thanks for the feedback. The two folders "public" and "appdata" will be generated under each RAID. And the two folders you can see at TOS file manager or with SMB is the folders generated on the system drive. And these two folders could not be deleted or removed.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
emogg

Post by emogg »

But I'm not using RAID, so why create the directories?

Return to “Storage”