Initialization screen after online upgrade!! pls help

The discussion here is limited to topics related to the system update itself. Please post the functional issues after the system update to the corresponding other forums.
alesssj4

Initialization screen after online upgrade!! pls help

Post by alesssj4 »

I tried to upgrade TOS to the latest version (I was already in the 5.x.x branch) but after the upgrade attempt I could not access it any longer so I went into the TNAS for PC app and after searching for it, I was greeted with the NAS initialization screen. The LAN IP address had also changed. I have seen instructions that this can be solved but I am too worried to lose my data so need a bit of hand holding from TerraMaster support pls.

My NAS is an F-220 with 2x3Tb HDDs working just fine. My TOS was already on 5.x and this was an online upgrade attempt using the system update feature which I've done before many times.

Please help!!
TMLyy
TerraMaster Team

Re: Initialization screen after online upgrade!! pls help

Post by TMLyy »

Is there a prompt to delete data? For the security of your data, you can contact our official email address and make an appointment with an engineer to help you.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

What exact the 5.x.x? Your system partition could be only 2GB, it is not enough for the latest 5.1 version update.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
alesssj4

Post by alesssj4 »

TMroy wrote: 04 Oct 2023, 13:50 What exact the 5.x.x? Your system partition could be only 2GB, it is not enough for the latest 5.1 version update.
I don't know because I don't know where to check now that I can't access the NAS. This happened about 40 days ago so I was upgrading via the control panel to whatever was the latest stable version at that time. Is there another way of checking the TOS version?

Only have one partition and it's over 3Gb thanks
Gremlin
Great Britain

Post by Gremlin »

You could look at the file that you downloaded in order to do the update. The version is in the filename.
F5-221 5.1.123, 8GB System Partition on 3 x 4TB Traid; 3TB EXT4
F2-221 TOS6 (Beta), 8GB System Partition on 2 x 6TB in Traid. (Latest Update 11/04/24)
alesssj4

Post by alesssj4 »

Gremlin wrote: 04 Oct 2023, 17:07 You could look at the file that you downloaded in order to do the update. The version is in the filename.
Thanks but as I mentioned above, I updated using the control panel --> update function therefore the file is downloaded directly to the NAS and handled by TOS directly :(
Gremlin
Great Britain

Post by Gremlin »

That's OK. I also use the control panel. However, my understanding is that auto-updates were disabled currently for TOS5, so I always download the newest update to my computer and update from there (via the control panel). I have yet to see an "available update" displayed in the GUI.
F5-221 5.1.123, 8GB System Partition on 3 x 4TB Traid; 3TB EXT4
F2-221 TOS6 (Beta), 8GB System Partition on 2 x 6TB in Traid. (Latest Update 11/04/24)
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

alesssj4 wrote: 04 Oct 2023, 17:19
Gremlin wrote: 04 Oct 2023, 17:07 You could look at the file that you downloaded in order to do the update. The version is in the filename.
Thanks but as I mentioned above, I updated using the control panel --> update function therefore the file is downloaded directly to the NAS and handled by TOS directly :(
As your TOS fails to update, it can not work properly, now please follow the guidelines to reinstall the TOS.
here is the installation package:https://download2.terra-master.com/TOS_ ... 111430.ins
here is the guideline how to reinstall TOS: viewtopic.php?f=76&t=423
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
alesssj4

Post by alesssj4 »

TMroy wrote: 05 Oct 2023, 18:26
As your TOS fails to update, it can not work properly, now please follow the guidelines to reinstall the TOS.
here is the installation package:https://download2.terra-master.com/TOS_ ... 111430.ins
Thanks I appreciate your comments. I wrote to support and they'll help via remote control. I'll post here the outcome after they finish
alesssj4

Post by alesssj4 »

TMroy wrote: 05 Oct 2023, 18:26
I just saw the instructions and they seem very straightforward. Can I just ask if I wanted to give this a go, and because there's always risk of something going wrong, could I for example only insert one of the 2 hard drives so if the data is deleted for some reason then I have the 2nd drive as backup? I remember I converted to Terra-Master's filesystem when I upgraded to TOS 5 not sure if that matters. Thanks

Return to “System Update”