Creating a user or folder with the same name

Permissions, Users, Uear groups, shared folders, LDAP/domain
iou40p

Creating a user or folder with the same name

Post by iou40p »

Hi All,

Am trying to create a couple of shared folders for the users, the system doesn't let me do this as the name is in use. If i remove the user i can create a folder with that name, or if i remove the folder i can create a user with that name. Is their a way round this? I have read on this forum that i have to turn off the User home folder in the user settings and i have done this and i still can't create a folder with the same name as a user, can anyone help.

Thanks
iou40p

Re: Creating a user or folder with the same name

Post by iou40p »

Forgot to add, am using a F5-422 running the latest version of tOS
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

You are not able to do it. The user name is reserved for the user's home directory.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
iou40p

Post by iou40p »

Hi,

Is it possible to store files in the users home directory or is it for configuration files only?

Thanks
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

User home folder is for user's private data, you can store your personal data in it. there is no configuration stored in this folder.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)

Return to “Privileges”