Restrict web access to list of users

Tell us your most wanted new features, or recommendation.
AMartinelli

Restrict web access to list of users

Post by AMartinelli »

Hi,
I think it would be very useful to restrict web access to only some of the users.

This would enhance security in the following way: let's suppose I have two users, admin and my_user, I store all my data in the "public" folder, and my_user has read-only access to the public folder. Let's also suppose what matters for me is not to lose my data, while it's not a big deal if the data is read by a malicious user.
Now, if I were able to set up TOS such that only my_user can access remotely, my data would be more protected since if my_user credentials were to be stolen, such user cannot be used for delete my data. And even if admin credentials were to be stolen, admin cannot be used to remote access my data, so my data would still be safe.

What do you think?

Alessandro
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Re: Restrict web access to list of users

Post by TMzethar »

To restrict users who can access the web, you can go to Control Panel - Applications, select TOS, and click Edit.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
AMartinelli

Post by AMartinelli »

TMzethar wrote: 21 Aug 2023, 19:02 To restrict users who can access the web, you can go to Control Panel - Applications, select TOS, and click Edit.
I have no "Applications" section under Control Panel (I'm on TOS 4.2.43)
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMzethar »

Sorry, the highest version available for the TNAS model you are using lacks this feature.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)

Return to “New Features Wanted”