Cannot see NAS (T6-423) from Linux client

IPv4/6, Port, VPN, proxy, SSH, remote access and more.
databoxer

Cannot see NAS (T6-423) from Linux client

Post by databoxer »

I have a new TM T6-423, which works great. It's running 5.1.41-00005. When I boot my laptop (Thinkpad X13) in Windows 11 and go to browse the network in File Explorer, the NAS shows up and I can select/view/mount shared folders, using SMB/CIFS. However, when I boot the exact same laptop into Linux Mint 21.2, the File Browser cannot see the T6-423, although it can see my Synology NAS. I can access the T6-423 just fine using its IP address (which I have fixed with an address reservation on my router), and everything works great using SMB/CIFS. However, I'd really like to be able to do it by name or by browsing, instead of having to remember and type in the IP address. How do I do that? I can't find this issue on the Terramaster forum or the Linux Mint forum, but it seems like there should be an easy solution

FYI, in the Control Panel / Network Services / Discovery, UPnP is disabled, Windows Discovery (wdss2) is enabled, and Bonjour is disabled. Screenshots are attached.

Thanks for your help!
Attachments
Screenshot 2023-08-17 140041.png
Screenshot 2023-08-17 140013.png
TMRyan
TerraMaster Team
China

Re: Cannot see NAS (T6-423) from Linux client

Post by TMRyan »

You can try turning on UPnP, Windows Discovery (wdss2) mainly for new versions of Windows 10 and Windows 11.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement)

Return to “Network & Remote Access”