Re-using an old hard drive in an F4-210 for Plex

RAID, Volume, storage pool, hard drive, USB, SSD cache and iSCSI LUN
nimbus78

Re-using an old hard drive in an F4-210 for Plex

Post by nimbus78 »

Is it possible to take a perfectly good hard drive, full of media(movies, shows, music,etc.), put it in one of the expansion bays of the f4-210 and access it to add the media to the Plex library?

Or, is it possible to point Plex to another NAS on the same network and use it’s media?
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Re: Re-using an old hard drive in an F4-210 for Plex

Post by TMSupport »

Please advise where this drive was used before? Was it used in TNAS ? The data will be erased during the initialization.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
nimbus78

Post by nimbus78 »

It’s in a WD MyCloud NAS. It’s formatted to ext4 and fully loaded with 3TB worth of media I want to use with the Plex server running on the Terra-Master.
Can I put it in the TNAS and just access the files directly(like an HD dock) or can I map the WD MyCloud NAS(on the local network) so Plex can access it from the TNAS?
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

I'm sorry to tell you that the hard drives which installed with other NAS' systemwill be initialized and formatted after inserted to our NAS, the data will be erased completely.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)

Return to “Storage”