Page 1 of 1

[Help] TimeMachine broken, history lost after F4-425 crash

Posted: 09 Oct 2026, 08:44
by ShoutingMan
As described in this post, my F4-425 crashed. After a hard reboot, recovery is mostly working. But my TimeMachine backup history is seemingly lost and TimeMachine backups are no longer working. How do I restore normal TimeMachine operation?
viewtopic.php?t=10660

Re: [Help] TimeMachine broken, history lost after F4-425 crash

Posted: 09 Oct 2026, 09:00
by TMzethar
Hi,
I have addressed your concerns here.
viewtopic.php?t=10660

Re: [Help] TimeMachine broken, history lost after F4-425 crash

Posted: 09 Oct 2026, 19:01
by TMzethar
Regarding the issue you mentioned with Time Machine not working, the information currently available is not sufficient to pinpoint the exact cause.
You can try deleting the network volume, restarting your Mac, and then adding it again.
Alternatively, try opening “Keychain Access,” deleting the NAS credentials, and then adding them again.

Re: [Help] TimeMachine broken, history lost after F4-425 crash

Posted: 09 Oct 2026, 20:06
by ShoutingMan
The problem might be due to TimeMachine verifying backup history combined with the NAS at 100% CPU utilization for re-sync after crash. I'll know more in a day, I hope.

Re: [Help] TimeMachine broken, history lost after F4-425 crash

Posted: 10 Oct 2026, 01:33
by ShoutingMan
Seems to be working again. The root problem was a Time Machine backup verification process running super slow due to the NAS running at 100% CPU usage during its Volume sync process.

I think it's back to normal now.

Re: [Help] TimeMachine broken, history lost after F4-425 crash

Posted: 10 Oct 2026, 17:22
by EriChan
ShoutingMan wrote: ↑Yesterday, 01:33
Thank you for the update.