My F4-425, bought March 2026, crashes about every two months. It cannot be reached by web or SSH. I have to hard reboot it. The first time, in May, it powered up and was normal. It crashed tonight. After hard reboot, it came up and showed a corrupt volume and no data!!! I was able to login by web, did a soft reboot, and it powered up more normally. But I still couldn't SSH in; it said a fingerprint or key was wrong or something. I used ChatGPT to diagnose, deleted former key from my Mac, and restablished connection. That restored apps running and my ability to connect to the NAS by file server and SSH.
Is this normal, are TerraMaster NAS's supposed to crash every couple months? Do I need to set it somehow to reboot every week or something to continue working right?
When it does crash, what is the safe way to recover? This is my data. If this goes down, there are terabytes of data lost forever. Do I need to press for a replacement NAS, since this one seems to have recurring problems?
I thought these were appliances, but now I'm spooked and wondering if I need to throw this away and buy a different brand NAS and a bunch of new harddrives and start again before TerraMaster really truly crashes hard enough to destroy all my data.
Thanks for any help!

