[Help] Can't connect raspberry pi 5 to F4-425 by SMB
Posted: 03 Oct 2026, 19:56
How do I connect a raspberry pi os5 to a terra-master NAS? My NAS is an F4-425 running TOS7. SMB is enabled. I have a brand new raspberry pi 5 running the current version of piOS.
I cannot connect to the NAS with the rpi file system. On the Network Page, I see the icon for the NAS. But when I double-click it, it goes to an empty page. If I enter the SMB address (e.g. smb://192.168.68.142) directly, it does nothing. If I append that with the Volume1 (smb://192.168.68.142/Volume1), rpi asks for my login info. I enter that, rpi says it failed to mount Windows share, no such file or directory.
Searching online, it's just pages and pages of command line interface wizardry to try and connect within the Unix system.
It seems like this should be easy, but I'm completely stuck. Any help? TIA!
I cannot connect to the NAS with the rpi file system. On the Network Page, I see the icon for the NAS. But when I double-click it, it goes to an empty page. If I enter the SMB address (e.g. smb://192.168.68.142) directly, it does nothing. If I append that with the Volume1 (smb://192.168.68.142/Volume1), rpi asks for my login info. I enter that, rpi says it failed to mount Windows share, no such file or directory.
Searching online, it's just pages and pages of command line interface wizardry to try and connect within the Unix system.
It seems like this should be easy, but I'm completely stuck. Any help? TIA!