Re: How to Resolve the Issue of F8 SSD Failing to Boot or Automatically Restarting After Installing a 3rd Party OS or TO
Posted: 21 Sep 2026, 04:43
I too am running into this issue. I have 6 Samsung 980 Pro 2TB and 2 P3 Plus 1TB drives. The 2 P3 Plus drives populate slots 1 and 2 and the other drives populate slots 3-8.
I was running truenas scale latest and I am at the latest firmware and bios versions or TOS 6. It still crashes. I have VT-D turned off in the bios. Today I removed slots 1 and 2 - will see if we have stability with TOS 6.
Any guidance for those of us that continue to have crashes?
@terramaster:/Volume1/public# ./218xfwdl /s
Asmedia PCIe Gen3 Switch SPI ROM Update Linux Utility - Version 1.7.4.0
Found 1 Asmedia PCIe Gen3 Switch Upstream Port
[04:00.0] PCIe Switch 0: 24 08 21 40 00 00

I was running truenas scale latest and I am at the latest firmware and bios versions or TOS 6. It still crashes. I have VT-D turned off in the bios. Today I removed slots 1 and 2 - will see if we have stability with TOS 6.
Any guidance for those of us that continue to have crashes?
@terramaster:/Volume1/public# ./218xfwdl /s
Asmedia PCIe Gen3 Switch SPI ROM Update Linux Utility - Version 1.7.4.0
Found 1 Asmedia PCIe Gen3 Switch Upstream Port
[04:00.0] PCIe Switch 0: 24 08 21 40 00 00
