TOS 5.1.67 (X86) is Released for Update

Official news about TOS, mobile app, PC app updates or beta releases
ERESEN
Great Britain

Re: TOS 5.1.67 (X86) is Released for Update

Post by ERESEN »

Hello,

I am trying to App update. 6 updates of the 8 failed with an attached message.

Any solution?

The update went very well.

Many thanks
Eresen
Attachments
2023-08-27 15_53_57-TOS 5.1.jpg
2023-08-27 15_53_57-TOS 5.1.jpg (18.21 KiB) Viewed 1369 times
Kind regards
O.T.Eresen
lichkingxxl

Post by lichkingxxl »

TMroy wrote: 27 Aug 2023, 11:24 It was configuring your new system, updating system files, or mounting your storage pools. When you prompt a message to wait, please just wait!
It would help if you put a clock or a progress bar... the message you quote is not explanatory, we don't know if we have to wait 1 minute, 1 hour or 1 week...
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMzethar »

{L_BUTTON_AT}lichkingxxl

What is your file system type? It looks like ext4. It needs to complete a file system detection before the initial use after initialization. The time required is related to your data volume and main data type. When the hard disk light flashes, Indicates that it is performing detection. If you want to view the running status, you can connect it to observe through the keyboard and HDMI monitor. (Default account: password is admin:admin)
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMzethar »

{L_BUTTON_AT}ERESEN

There may be critical important application processes running, please check and disable them if necessary before updating.
Or you can restart TNAS first, then disable the applications, and then update them.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
ERESEN
Great Britain

Post by ERESEN »

Once I uninstalled the app and reinstalled it. It worked.
It sounds like a compatibility issue.

Regards
Eresen
Kind regards
O.T.Eresen
lichkingxxl

Post by lichkingxxl »

{L_BUTTON_AT}lichkingxxl
TMzethar wrote: 28 Aug 2023, 18:49 What is your file system type? It looks like ext4. It needs to complete a file system detection before the initial use after initialization. The time required is related to your data volume and main data type. When the hard disk light flashes, Indicates that it is performing detection. If you want to view the running status, you can connect it to observe through the keyboard and HDMI monitor. (Default account: password is admin:admin)
BTRFS file system. The leds of the 4 hard drives do not blink, they are fixed. Only the LAN led blinked cyclically with a fixed interval. Only after turning off, pausing for 30 seconds, and then turning on... everything worked again. I guess a simple reboot didn't work right. Thank you!
bretwashere

Post by bretwashere »

TMRyan wrote: 26 Aug 2023, 16:55 It may be that the boot partition made an error during the update, which caused individual files in the boot partition to fail to be replaced. Maybe you can try to update again or use the installation package of TOS 5.1.67
(Installation package md5: 246b7849085b05ece5d32e3363810735)

You can also try modifying the settings in the BIOS (Some BIOS versions hide this option):
1. Use an HDMI cable to connect a monitor to TNAS, and connect a keyboard to the USB port;
2. Press the power button, and press the "Esc" key repeatedly during startup;
3. After entering the BIOS, find "South Cluster Configuration" in "chipset", and press "Enter".
1.jpg
4. Then select "Miscellaneous Configuration" and press "Enter" again.
2.jpg
5. Find the "High Precision Timer" option, press the "Enter" key to select, and use the up and down keys to switch to the disabled state.
3.jpg
6. Press F4 to save, and then reboot.
Note: For the operation method, please refer to the instructions in the lower right corner of the BIOS interface
Hello. Are these steps BIOS version specific? I am AMIBIOS version 2.21.1278 (6/24/2022), and the only options in “Chipset” is System Agent Configuration and PCH-IO Configuration. I even scraped through every bios option, and I’m not able to find the high precision timer option.
thierrys73
France

Post by thierrys73 »

hello

F2-221
i do update 5.1.67
all my files are in read only
i reinstall and it is the same all my files are in read only.

all is blocked !!!

help please
Attachments
Capture d’écran 2023-09-01 124053.jpg
TMLyy
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMLyy »

{L_BUTTON_AT}thierrys73
The file system may be damaged. It is recommended that you refer to this operation guide to troubleshoot and repair it. viewtopic.php?f=79&t=2575
thierrys73
France

Post by thierrys73 »

{L_BUTTON_AT}thierrys73
TMLyy wrote: 01 Sep 2023, 21:55 The file system may be damaged. It is recommended that you refer to this operation guide to troubleshoot and repair it. viewtopic.php?f=79&t=2575
The target is always busy see below Thanks Welcome to Tnas! [Thierrys73@TNAS-3F98 ~]# cd / [Thierrys73@TNAS-3F98 /]# umount /Volume1 umount: /Volume1: target is busy. [Thierrys73@TNAS-3F98 /]# umount /mnt/md0 umount: /mnt/md0: no mount point specified. [Thierrys73@TNAS-3F98 /]# fuser -mk /mnt/md0 fuser: can't stat '/mnt/md0': No such file or directory [Thierrys73@TNAS-3F98 /]# fuser -mk /Volume1 [Thierrys73@TNAS-3F98 /]# umount /Volume1 umount: /Volume1: target is busy. [Thierrys73@TNAS-3F98 /]# btrfs check /dev/mapper/vg0-lv0 Opening filesystem to check... ERROR: /dev/mapper/vg0-lv0 is currently mounted, use --force if you really intend to check the filesystem [Thierrys73@TNAS-3F98 /]# btrfs check /dev/mapper/vg0-lv0--force Opening filesystem to check... ERROR: mount check: cannot open /dev/mapper/vg0-lv0--force: No such file or directory ERROR: could not check mount status: No such file or directory [Thierrys73@TNAS-3F98 /]# btrfs check /volume1 Opening filesystem to check... ERROR: mount check: cannot open /volume1: No such file or directory ERROR: could not check mount status: No such file or directory [Thierrys73@TNAS-3F98 /]#

Return to “Update Notice”