I would like to see a remote syslog forwarding setting to the TOS 7 Control Panel, ideally under System Logs.
I use an F8 SSD Plus and would like to forward its logs to a central syslog server. This would help me monitor events and troubleshoot problems alongside logs from my other devices.
The NAS already runs rsyslog, so I could configure forwarding manually by editing the underlying Linux configuration. However, I am concerned about accidentally breaking TOS logging, interfering with TerraMaster’s existing configuration, or having my changes overwritten by a system update.
A supported configuration setting would make this easier and safer. Ideally, it would include:
Enable/disable remote syslog forwarding.
Destination server IP address or hostname and port.
UDP and TCP options, with TLS if supported.
Log category and severity filters.
A “Send test message” button.
Settings that persist through reboots and TOS updates.
Local logging should remain enabled when forwarding is active. Please also clarify which system, security, storage, and application events can be forwarded.
Is this feature planned for TOS 7, or is there currently a supported method to configure it?
Remote Syslog Forwarding in TOS 7
Re: Remote Syslog Forwarding in TOS 7
The Log Center app in the TOS Application Center is designed specifically for this use case.
We recommend installing Log Center from the Application Center to give it a try and see if it meets your remote syslog forwarding needs.
Hope this helps!
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com(for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com(for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com(for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com(for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Re: Remote Syslog Forwarding in TOS 7
I think I missed that in App Center—thank you! I installed it and believe it will meet my needs.
However, I found what appears to be a significant bug. Any attempt to change the protocol, message format, or “Enable Safety Authorization” setting simply clears the main “Send logs from local device” checkbox instead of changing the selected option. I’m hoping TCP and RFC 5424 are underneath.
I can report this in the TOS Issues section if that would be helpful.
I’m also unclear about what “Enable Safety Authorization” means. I assume it refers to client certificates or certificate-based authentication, since the interface allows a certificate to be added. Enabling standard TLS encryption would be preferable from my perspective.
Thank you again for pointing me in the right direction. I’ll continue exploring it.
However, I found what appears to be a significant bug. Any attempt to change the protocol, message format, or “Enable Safety Authorization” setting simply clears the main “Send logs from local device” checkbox instead of changing the selected option. I’m hoping TCP and RFC 5424 are underneath.
I can report this in the TOS Issues section if that would be helpful.
I’m also unclear about what “Enable Safety Authorization” means. I assume it refers to client certificates or certificate-based authentication, since the interface allows a certificate to be added. Enabling standard TLS encryption would be preferable from my perspective.
Thank you again for pointing me in the right direction. I’ll continue exploring it.
Re: Remote Syslog Forwarding in TOS 7
We will investigate the Log Center vulnerability you mentioned. If you have observed any additional details regarding this issue, please feel free to share them with us.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Re: Remote Syslog Forwarding in TOS 7
Gave it a try, and not even seeing it as an originator in my tool. Log sending when I configure my syslog server and send test message, it says message sent, but I never get a message, so I think this needs a bit more work to be functional. I removed and readded to make sure. But unless I am doing something incorrectly, I am unable to get it to work. Was looking forward to integrating the messages into my Grafana dashboard with everything else in my environment.
Re: Remote Syslog Forwarding in TOS 7
Thanks for the additional information.
We will continue to monitor the situation and attempt to reproduce the issue you mentioned.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com(for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com(for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com(for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com(for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Re: Remote Syslog Forwarding in TOS 7
If you would like me to do any testing with my F8 SSD Plus just reach out to me.

