[Help] LAN activity LED constantly blinking (TOS 6)

Discuss, seek assistance, and report issues related to hardware components, such as hardware platforms, memory, network ports, power supplies, UPS systems, and so on.
User avatar
section94
Posts: 16
Joined: 06 Dec 2024, 20:23
Greece

Re: [Help] LAN activity LED constantly blinking (TOS 6)

Post by section94 »

UPDATE:
I managed to install tcpdump on the NAS and I captured the traffic directly from the console when idle. This avoids any traffic generated by the https or SSH sessions. I monitored myself live for a bit and also made a capture file.

I ran tcpdump -i eth0 -s 0 -w "directory and filename"

Pcap sample here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qfm0-b ... sp=sharing

There are instances where it goes 5-10 seconds without any packet. Without the active https or SSH sessions it captured only 45 packets in roughly 87 seconds. Even with the per-packet blinking assumption it seems like I should be noticing some off time in the LED status.
User avatar
EriChan
TM Support
Posts: 400
Joined: 06 Jan 2026, 12:27
China

Re: [Help] LAN activity LED constantly blinking (TOS 6)

Post by EriChan »

section94 wrote: ↑28 Sep 2026, 00:51
Thanks for providing the pcap capture and the detailed test records.

Based on your test data and the observation that the LED remains off in the BIOS and only starts blinking once TOS loads, this behavior is most likely related to the igc network driver.

We will continue to keep an eye on this situation and attempt to reproduce the issue you described. Thank you for your thorough testing and great support!
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @

Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com(for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com(for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Post Reply

Return to “Hardware, Power and Accessories”