[Help] Jellyfin 12.0.0.10 [SOLVED]
[Help] Jellyfin 12.0.0.10
I'm using an F2-425 Plus. I had the previous version of Jellyfin in the App Center running fine. I upgraded to the latest version, 12.0.0.10 and my NAS ground to a crawl. CPU usage, according to the Control Panel spiked upwards of 183%...if that's to be trusted. Uninstalled/reinstalled, rebooted multiple times...same results. Anyone else experiencing issues?
- OlRedRooster
- Posts: 18
- Joined: 10 Mar 2026, 02:28

Re: [Help] Jellyfin 12.0.0.10
If you have your OS on the hard drives and not an nvme, the migration will likely be louder and slower, since its updating and migrating all the metadata to the new database format.
Re: [Help] Jellyfin 12.0.0.10
High CPU usage after upgrading to Jellyfin 12 is normal behavior:
- Full Library Scan & Automatic Migration: After updating, the application needs to run automatic migration tasks and fully rescan your media library (extracting metadata and thumbnails), which utilizes multiple CPU cores at high load.
- Avoid Frequent Reboots or Reinstalls: Restarting or reinstalling interrupts the task, forcing the scan to start over from the beginning each time.
Log into the Jellyfin web client and go to Dashboard > Scheduled Tasks to check the current progress. Please keep the NAS running and allow this initial scan to complete; CPU usage will return to normal once finished.
If high CPU persists after all tasks have finished, please generate a system report via TOS > Support & Help > Issue Report for further analysis.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com(for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com(for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com(for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com(for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Re: [Help] Jellyfin 12.0.0.10
Thank you! I appreciate the information as I've not upgraded it since hopping on the TOS bandwagon. My library was significantly smaller when I installed!! I have reinstalled the app. I'll ride out the disk chatter and keep an eye on the progress. Thanks again. 谢谢
Re: [Help] Jellyfin 12.0.0.10 [SOLVED]
After watching my NAS tax itself for 9 hours...to the point that I couldn't log in with TNAS, I deleted Jellyfin and config files. I reinstalled. Not a huge deal for me as I only have a handful of libraries and users. All is copacetic now

