[Help] F8 SSD Plus - hard locks and overheating

CPU, memory, fan, process, services status, system log, tempreture
Post Reply
User avatar
JonRando
Posts: 24
Joined: 28 Sep 2024, 07:28
United States of America

[Help] F8 SSD Plus - hard locks and overheating

Post by JonRando »

I recently updated to the latest TOS version: 6.0.694-00165 from a very old version. I think the previous version was one version past with what shipped with the F8 Plus about a year ago.

I'm getting frequent overheating msgs and the system locks up to the point it must be shut down while holding the power button and then turned back on. The device and CPU temps get above 200°F with essentially no load. The Load and CPU are typically below 10%. Other than virtual box that I run once in a blue moon and plex, it's a data dump with no real usage.

I turned the fan from auto to high and that hasn't made a difference. These issues seemed to start exactly with the latest firmware update.

I'll try to get more screenshots today.

Any ideas on what to do \ try to get this resolved? I rely on my system for work. Is there any other data I should report to help diag?

Image
User avatar
CursaYang
TM Support
Posts: 953
Joined: 06 Jan 2025, 16:34
China

Re: [Help] F8 SSD Plus - hard locks and overheating

Post by CursaYang »

Please gather a system report and send it to our email [email protected] for analysis. In the email, please attach the link to this post.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @

Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com(for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com(for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Post Reply

Return to “System Resources”