D5-300C bays 4 and 5 not sleeping

USB RAID storage for photographers, music producers, movie collectors
dgberks
Great Britain

D5-300C bays 4 and 5 not sleeping

Post by dgberks »

Hi,

I have a D5-300C in single mode, and am having an issue with disk sleep. The drives that are in bays 1 - 3 will sleep and spin down correctly, however any drives in bays 4 and 5 will not spin down. I have verified that this isn't an issue with specific disks by swapping drives from bays 1 and 2 into bays 4 and 5, and the same behavior still occurs.

Is this a known problem?

Thanks
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Re: D5-300C bays 4 and 5 not sleeping

Post by TMzethar »

Please safely eject the disks in HDD3/4/5 slots and see if the disks go to hibernation?
If the disks can hibernate normally after the safe ejection, it means it has nothing to do with the product hardware, but most likely the system is using some files on the disks to prevent them from hibernating.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
dgberks
Great Britain

Post by dgberks »

Thanks for your reply. I can confirm that I have unmounted the disks, and the drives in bays 4 or 5 will still not sleep.
TMqiky

Post by TMqiky »

Please refer to the following steps to help us further troubleshoot your problem.
First, you need to rule out whether there are third-party tools or programs occupying the system.
Second, remove the hard disks in other slots and only insert the hard disk in slots 4 or 5 to see if it goes into sleep mode when no tasks are being performed.
Third, check whether the hard disk in the compatibility list is used. Try to use other hard disks in the compatibility list to initialize in slots 4 or 5 to see if it goes into sleep mode with the system.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)

Return to “USB Series”