CPU overheat

CPU, memory, fan, process, services status, system log, tempreture
golgoth
Italy

Re: CPU overheat

Post by golgoth »

TMRyan wrote: 10 May 2024, 09:33
golgoth wrote: 08 May 2024, 22:17
Is it normal to use before updating TOS6? If you put the fan on full speed, will the temperature stay this high?
Fan is always at full speed, since temperature is always that high.
I immediately updated TOS 5 to 6, so i can't say what temp CPU reached with the previous TOS version.
In addition, could you please generate and download a log report in TOS > Technical Support > Report Issues, then send to our support mailbox for analysis? If the system report is too large to be sent by e-mail, you can delete the /etc/tos section of the zip file, or you can provide it to us via the share link.
Gmail is giving me an error message when trying to send the log to your support (some security issue, not related to size). What's the "share link" you mentioned?
TMcola
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMcola »

golgoth wrote: 10 May 2024, 21:05
Hello,you can compress and package the log file, and share the link address with my email through a webpage link. Please~
golgoth
Italy

Post by golgoth »

TMcola wrote: 10 May 2024, 22:15
golgoth wrote: 10 May 2024, 21:05
Hello,you can compress and package the log file, and share the link address with my email through a webpage link. Please~
I sent the log through a dropbox link to your support.
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMzethar »

We analyzed the system reports you provided to the SUPPORT mailbox.
It was found that the TOS web process, CloudSync process and Emby process have large CPU usage.
It is possible that the web process is blocked, causing you to not see the latest CPU usage information.
About TOS web page, are you uploading or downloading files via TOS web page?
You can try refreshing your browser and watch again if the same thing still happens.
Also, from which TOS5 version did you update to TOS6?
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
golgoth
Italy

Post by golgoth »

I answered through mail. Short story for those who are reading: emby and cloudsync were not active when the log was generating. The only thing that makes sense was the TOS web process pretty high, since i created the log through web and not locally.

Anyway i sent another log, generated locally, and a screenshot taken when nothing was going on (no movies watching, no file syncing, no web access), showing 94°C with a CPU usage of 14%.
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMzethar »

The new system report you provided has no noticeable change in occupancy.
Can you noticeably feel the high temperature of the device?
You may consider restarting TNAS, or resetting TOS and updating to TOS6beta again to fix possible system display errors:
viewtopic.php?t=423
viewtopic.php?t=5926
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)

Return to “System Resources”