Trying to remote mount SMB folder

IPv4/6, Port, VPN, proxy, SSH, remote access and more.
Gremlin
Great Britain

Re: Trying to remote mount SMB folder

Post by Gremlin »

Just a thought == Samba Version mis-match :?:
F5-221 5.1.123, 8GB System Partition on 3 x 4TB Traid; 3TB EXT4
F2-221 TOS6 (Beta), 8GB System Partition on 2 x 6TB in Traid. (Latest Update 11/04/24)
TMqiky

Post by TMqiky »

DigitalAnalog wrote: 05 Apr 2024, 11:12 I've isolated the problem as a potential SMB incompatibility between my ASUS AX88U router and the F4-423, as I was able to remote mount another SMB share from another device on the network within the NAS.

Am I able to extract logs about how the SMB connection fails? The "remote source path unavailable" error message is not very helpful and is not even mentioned in TerraMaster documentation.

The issue persists on both the stock ASUS and Asuswrt-Merlin firmwares. Thank you.
First, use putty to enter the terminal:
viewtopic.php?t=2350

Enter the following command to view SMB logs:

Code: Select all

cat /var/log/samba/log.smbd
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Captain8836
Canada

Post by Captain8836 »

Hi,

I am having the same issue how was this resolved?

I have a F2-223, I am able to create rsync backup and schedule the backup and it works perfect.
But I am not able to create a remote folder I receive the message "remote source path unavailable" same as above user.

Thank You
jwills70

Post by jwills70 »

TMqiky wrote: 05 Apr 2024, 16:52
DigitalAnalog wrote: 05 Apr 2024, 11:12 I've isolated the problem as a potential SMB incompatibility between my ASUS AX88U router and the F4-423, as I was able to remote mount another SMB share from another device on the network within the NAS.

Am I able to extract logs about how the SMB connection fails? The "remote source path unavailable" error message is not very helpful and is not even mentioned in TerraMaster documentation.

The issue persists on both the stock ASUS and Asuswrt-Merlin firmwares. Thank you.
First, use putty to enter the terminal:
viewtopic.php?t=2350

Enter the following command to view SMB logs:

Code: Select all

cat /var/log/samba/log.smbd
did you get this resolved I also have the same problem I cant get it to connect to my wdcloud nas this is stupid such a simple thing but my router is a archer
DigitalAnalog
Australia

Post by DigitalAnalog »

No - I have not heard of a resolution yet.

TM reps - any update on this please? It looks like I'm not the only with this issue, and I'm sure there are others too. This is a basic function that should be standard on a NAS.
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

Both NAS and routers may have customized root file systems, and the mounting points for file directories may also differ. You should consult their respective vendors rather than us, as we do not know the full mounting paths for these routers and NAS devices. Their directories are not necessarily mounted under the root directory.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
DigitalAnalog
Australia

Post by DigitalAnalog »

TMroy wrote: 09 May 2024, 11:41 Both NAS and routers may have customized root file systems, and the mounting points for file directories may also differ. You should consult their respective vendors rather than us, as we do not know the full mounting paths for these routers and NAS devices. Their directories are not necessarily mounted under the root directory.
I have zero problems mounting this shared folder from my Mac, from my PC, from my phone, from my Android TV, literally no other device has this mounting issue issue except the TNAS.

Now you have other people going forward with the same issue with different devices where the only common thing is Terramaster - and yet somehow the issue is with all these other devices??
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

Once again:
We have verified in our lab that the SMB mounting function on the TOS web page works normally, and we have successfully mounted directories from a Synology NAS and Ubuntu server. Please confirm if your mounting path is correct, and also ensure that the correct SMB version is enabled on the target device you are trying to mount. It is recommended that the SMB versions on both sides remain consistent.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
TMRyan
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMRyan »

DigitalAnalog wrote: 09 May 2024, 15:17
TMroy wrote: 09 May 2024, 11:41 Both NAS and routers may have customized root file systems, and the mounting points for file directories may also differ. You should consult their respective vendors rather than us, as we do not know the full mounting paths for these routers and NAS devices. Their directories are not necessarily mounted under the root directory.
I have zero problems mounting this shared folder from my Mac, from my PC, from my phone, from my Android TV, literally no other device has this mounting issue issue except the TNAS.

Now you have other people going forward with the same issue with different devices where the only common thing is Terramaster - and yet somehow the issue is with all these other devices??
Do you want to mount the device with the same IP and LAN gateway as 192.168.50.1?
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement)
Gremlin
Great Britain

Post by Gremlin »

TMroy wrote: 09 May 2024, 17:05 Once again:
We have verified in our lab that the SMB mounting function on the TOS web page works normally, and we have successfully mounted directories from a Synology NAS and Ubuntu server. Please confirm if your mounting path is correct, and also ensure that the correct SMB version is enabled on the target device you are trying to mount. It is recommended that the SMB versions on both sides remain consistent.
Well, I did manage to get past the "unavailable" result. But, now I just have a 'spinning circle' while nas tries to mount the folder. Maybe your developers should try getting out of the 'lab' into the real world. I have noticed the continued reference to the IP (and now gateway) addresses. I am working on a LAN where the shared folder is on the LAN. The 'server' is a windows 10 machine with a machine name. I use SMB3. IP addresses for the 'server' are DHCP assigned. The share is visible on the network. I use passwords with special characters. I use a username which is an email address (Microsoft account). 15 minutes later it just sits there looking miserable :(

I have ensured that all names etc are of the correct case. All this is being done with the NAS admin account and a windows admin user. Any (useful) suggestions?
F5-221 5.1.123, 8GB System Partition on 3 x 4TB Traid; 3TB EXT4
F2-221 TOS6 (Beta), 8GB System Partition on 2 x 6TB in Traid. (Latest Update 11/04/24)

Return to “Network & Remote Access”