Calibre

Discussion about Docker
TinPants

Calibre

Post by TinPants »

Hi,

I'm pretty new to the party and have been enjoying my TNAS. However, I really want to get Calibre working. I tried following the instructions, "How to install Calibre in Docker?" (viewtopic.php?t=1310), but Calibre web cannot find the directory.

I tried using the GUI to point to Volume1, then books. But doesn't work, and yeah, I put the calibre db files in there.

I've tried every permutation and I'm getting nowhere fast. I wondered if one of you TNAS experts might have an absolute idiots guide (me) or can offer some advice.

I appreciate any help you guys and gals may have to share.

Thanks,

Good ole' rusty pants
Mordac85

Re: Calibre

Post by Mordac85 »

Calibre and Calibre-web are 2 different containers. I assume you have a working Calibre library in some share on your NAS (a.k.a. /path/to/Calibre/library). I normally have another folder for my Docker container configs (a.k.a. /path/to/Docker/config). You might also want to map a location for importing new books (a.k.a. /path/to/Calibre/import). Other than that the info at Docker Hub should get you going just fine as long as you use the PUID of the account that has rights to all of the above folders. Personally, I haven't gotten CUSTOM_PORT to work but it works fine via https.

For Calibre-web, I didn't have to use the DOCKER_MODS or OAUTHLIB_RELAX_TOKEN_SCOPE variables, but using the pieces from the Calibre container it runs w/o issue for me. Use the Docker Hub info for help if you need it.

I threw these docker-compose yaml's together for you b/c my current instance isn't running until I get another issue resolved.

Code: Select all

services:
  calibre:
    image: lscr.io/linuxserver/calibre:latest
    container_name: calibre
    environment:
      - PUID=2
      - PGID=4
      - TZ=America/New_York
      - CUSTOM_PORT=8282
      - CUSTOM_HTTPS_PORT=8383
    volumes: