Windows Apps issue

Initialization of newly purchased TNAS or re-installation of your TNAS
gogo100

Windows Apps issue

Post by gogo100 »

Dear all,
I have an issue when I want to start the windows apps for my F4-210 as I get the following screen (see attachment). I have reinstalled the apps already but no success.
In addition one of my for volumes (=hard drives) can~t be access, when I try to map it the response is Error code 1212)

any idea to resolve these issues?

thx
Attachments
TERRA MASTER.JPG
TERRA MASTER.JPG (22.17 KiB) Viewed 4423 times
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Re: Windows Apps issue

Post by TMSupport »

As for the issue shown in your picture, do you mean that it's showing that when login to TOS webpage? or access with TNAS PC desktop program?
For the failed mapping drive issue, please ensure that:
1. SMB service has been enabled. Please check at TOS Control panel – network services – file service- SMB/CIFS service, please uncheck it and click apply then recheck it again and click apply. Please try to map the drive again.
2. No special characters in your TOS login password such as $. Please revise your password by clicking “admin” at the top right corner of TOS webpage to the one without special character and try mapping the drive again.
3. “Remember my credentials” has been checked when entering the password, otherwise your mapped drive would be disappeared after rebooting your computer.
4. You have “Read & Write” full permission to the folder you selected, or you will be prompted as “Configuration failed error code 1202”. You can change the permission at TOS Control panel – Privileges – shared folder.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
gogo100

Post by gogo100 »

the issue on theic. is when I try to "login" into the webpage and therefor I can't follow your instructions. In respect to the hard drive: there is only an access (misspelled) with one of the 4 hard drives all the other I can access with windows explorer
gogo100

Post by gogo100 »

to be more precise : the screenshot situation appears when I use the Desktop application on windows 10 or 7 and want to "login". For that reason I#m not able to follow your further instructions.
In respect to the access issue (misspelled is another error message). Only one of the four hard drives has this issue.
please assist.
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

Please download the TOS installation package manually, and follow the instruction to reinstall your TOS.
viewtopic.php?f=75&t=423
http://dl.terra-master.com/cn/TOS_A1.0_ ... 291655.ins
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
gogo100

Post by gogo100 »

I have done as you said but when I push the the "login" button the error screen pops up. And how can I install the .ins file without being able to access the TAS "Login" area?
I have already uninstalled the windows application and reinstalled it. BTW: this problem is occurring on all windows 10 computers I have. the android apps doesn't work either.
gogo100

Post by gogo100 »

so I have now put in a harddrive from another TOS instance. Here the apps started but the four hard drive I have chosen to be used in the F4-210 are not recognized neither in the apps nor in the the file (windows) explorer).
sorry but your device is far too complicated to work with and there are too many problems with hard drives attached. The first Hard drive I used isn't been recognized at all anymore and in result I lost all the 4TB Data on that drive.
I bought the device to reduce the amount of power and ethernet cable and not to spend hours to figure out how to see the files on the drives. (to transfer 8TB of Data takes two days and the problems have already occurred before I could set up a back drive).
:? :roll:
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

Unread post by gogo100 » Today, 02:08

I have done as you said but when I push the the "login" button the error screen pops up. And how can I install the .ins file without being able to access the TAS "Login" area?
I have already uninstalled the windows application and reinstalled it. BTW: this problem is occurring on all windows 10 computers I have. the android apps doesn't work either.
Please reboot your device without any hard drives to reinstall your TOS.
1. power off your device and pull out all the hard drives
2. power it on and run TNAS PC
3. check your device and click Login
4. insert all your hard drives back and click retry
5. select "install a new TOS system" ( please be noted that this will not delete your data from your hard drives) and Auto download and install TOS system.
6. follow the instructions to complete
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
gogo100

Post by gogo100 »

To illustrate the issue a bit more.
on screen one you can see all the shared "files". Well these are folders but never mind.
Aside from "video0304" I can open all these folders. But when I try to open the folder "video0304" I get the error message on screen
2. Interesting is when I check the property box, the "security" row can~t be seen. (see screen 3).
And I still can~t access the TOS apps (I still get the same error message published in my opening statement).
In result at the momentI have no access to the data in "Video0304", which is a disaster.
So how can I resolve that issue without loosing my data?
Attachments
3.JPG
2.JPG
1.JPG
1.JPG (17.67 KiB) Viewed 4370 times
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

Please be advised the TOS reinstallation would not erase your data unless you encounter B below.

Power off the NAS, take out the HDD’s, power on the NAS.
Search the NAS IP address by the TNAS PC App, click on the located IP address and click "Login"
When it says no HDD detected, keep the NAS powered on and install your HDD
Next
When it asks if you’d like to install TOS already in the HDD or install new TOS, please select “Install new TOS”. And here there is a message saying the data in the hard drives would be lost, please ignore it, your data won’t be lost by confirming “Yes” to proceed here.
Next
Auto download and install TOS system (recommended)
Set your password and time zone

After that, there are two possibilities:
A. You may be directed to the log in page, please go ahead to log in.

B. You may be directed to the RAID creating page, please STOP here and close the window immediately. Please get back to us, and we will need to remote-in to check.