D5-300C never goes to sleep

USB RAID storage for photographers, music producers, movie collectors
cpt

D5-300C never goes to sleep

Post by cpt »

I just bought a D5-300C and filled it with 5 single hds.

When connected to a GIGABYTE BRIX MKLP3CP-00 running Linux Mint 21.2 Cinnamon, the D5-300C never goes to sleep, even an hour after the BRIX has been turned off, all 5 drives are on and the fans are spinning.

Connected to a PC with Windows 10 everything is fine: as soon as the PC is turned off the disks stop, the LEDs go off and the fans stop.

Any advice on what I could try? does it depend on the hardware? does it depend on the operating system?

Using Linux Disks I can manually put any drive in standby or power off without problems.
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Re: D5-300C never goes to sleep

Post by TMzethar »

D5-300C follows the computer to sleep and is controlled by computer commands. Please set up your computer
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
cpt

Re: D5-300C never goes to sleep

Post by cpt »

Okay, I solved it.
For those in the same situation:
From Linux Disks application, "Drive Settings" menu, enable "Apply Standby settings" for each of the 5 drives.
Now the D5-300C stop all drives and fans when the pc is turned off or suspended. :)

Return to “USB Series”