D5-300 Raid Manager Linux support

USB RAID storage for photographers, music producers, movie collectors
Jacketbg

D5-300 Raid Manager Linux support

Post by Jacketbg »

Hello,

I recently bought a D5-300 unit. I initially set it up on MacOS with 5x16TB HDDs in RAID5 mode using the provided Raid Manager for MacOS. However, now it's attached to a linux server without any other OS installed on it. It's working flawlessly so far, but I am concerned that in case of a drive failure I will need to use the Raid Manager again to initiate the rebuild process.

Is there ANY way to control the TDAS unit on Linux? I've tried to use the Windows RAID Manager through Wine. It starts, but it doesn't detect the USB unit. I am comfortable with cli too (prefer it actually), so if there's any (un)official cli tool, it will be enough for me.

Another question, do I actually need the Raid Manager to start the rebuild process once I replace a failed drive?

Thanks!
Gremlin
Great Britain

Re: D5-300 Raid Manager Linux support

Post by Gremlin »

I don't know if this is any help:

https://highpoint-technologies-inc.help ... ent-suites

I mention it because Highpoint came up in another thread somewhere on here.
F5-221 5.1.123, 8GB System Partition on 3 x 4TB Traid; 3TB EXT4
F2-221 TOS6 (Beta), 8GB System Partition on 2 x 6TB in Traid. (Latest Update 11/04/24)
Jacketbg

Post by Jacketbg »

Thanks. Do you think that Terramaster uses the same chips? I see other mentions here in the forum, but they are related to Thunderbolt products. Also, I cannot find anything that looks like a download link on Highpoint's side. They offer Linux "drivers" via support tickets only...
Gremlin
Great Britain

Post by Gremlin »

I didn't remember the post was regarding Thunderbolt units. Otherwise I have no further info other than if they are Highpoint controllers, there be some cli commands available as per Thunderbolt units.
F5-221 5.1.123, 8GB System Partition on 3 x 4TB Traid; 3TB EXT4
F2-221 TOS6 (Beta), 8GB System Partition on 2 x 6TB in Traid. (Latest Update 11/04/24)

Return to “USB Series”