Can't reach to my NAS every time I reboot

IPv4/6, Port, VPN, proxy, SSH, remote access and more.
doctorase

Can't reach to my NAS every time I reboot

Post by doctorase »

Hi, I upgraded the NAS to 5.1 with more than 7GB reserved to the system and could not access the NAS. I reinstalled the operating system to TOS 5.0.176 and after a reboot I could not access it either. I reinstalled the TOS again and after a week of normal operation, while I am using the PLEX the NAS is now inaccessible. I rebooted the NAS and I can't access the NAS again, because of the error "This site can't be reached". I am tired of reinstalling the NAS and having to configure everything every time wasting 1h every week. Any idea what the problem could be and how to fix it?
Gremlin
Great Britain

Re: Can't reach to my NAS every time I reboot

Post by Gremlin »

First guess would be non stable IP address setting.
F5-221 5.1.123, 8GB System Partition on 3 x 4TB Traid; 3TB EXT4
F2-221 TOS6 (Beta), 8GB System Partition on 2 x 6TB in Traid. (Latest Update 11/04/24)
doctorase

Post by doctorase »

And how can I change it? Before the update I had the same configuration of the home network and it has been for months without any error.
Gremlin
Great Britain

Post by Gremlin »

Do you, by any chance, use TP-link powerline adapters?
F2-221 TOS6 (Beta), 8GB System Partition on 2 x 6TB in Traid. (Latest Update 11/04/24)
doctorase

Post by doctorase »

No, NAS is connected directly to the router with LAN cable, as always.
Gremlin
Great Britain

Post by Gremlin »

Wasn't quite what I meant - "ANYWHERE on your network"

(Some wireless capable powerline adapters -{and wireless routers)- from TP-Link have an inbuilt dhcp server that you cannot see. In some circumstances they can enable themselves and issue invalid ip addresses. TP-Link have some firmware updates to provide control interface.)
doctorase

Post by doctorase »

No, i don't have any TP-Link adapter. I have an tenda nova wifi mesh, but same happen with the direct wifi from router. My network setup is the same of the last 2 years with NAS working well.
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMzethar »

This may be caused by the regular maintenance of the BTRFS file system quota function. It will occupy high system resources.
You can turn it off by the following method, but you will lose the function of quota for the folder.

Enter:
btrfs quota disable /Volume?

(?=1,2,3,4,5...)
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
doctorase

Post by doctorase »

I have 2 volumes, Volume 1 for system and apps and some data and Volume 2 for movies, TV shows and music. I need to 2 this for the two Volumes or maybe only one? I will try if I can access SSH at home.

What is exactly quota function?
doctorase

Post by doctorase »

I can't access to SSH, it says "No route to host". I know how to do it because i've done it a lot of times, but i can't access now.

Return to “Network & Remote Access”