Adding drive to D5 300

USB RAID storage for photographers, music producers, movie collectors
Corniger

Adding drive to D5 300

Post by Corniger »

Hello,

I tried following instructions as in this thread, but it seems like things have changed. I just installed the latest version of RAID manager. No "online expansion" mentioned anywhere.

I'm trying to add one drive to the last free slot. I inserted it, powered on and at "D2" it appears with full available capacity.
Moving to "RAID", "create RAID", there's said drive on the right with a tick box, but other than ticking that box there's nothing I can do. The drive is exactly the same as the others.

I can't post the screenshot from Google drive here, but I can link the file: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1JvKmh ... p=drive_fs

In the manual, there's no mention as well - there's also not of the drive LED lighting up orange, which it does, just red.

Please tell me how to proceed :-) Thanks!
bischofftep

Re: Adding drive to D5 300

Post by bischofftep »

Corniger wrote: 14 Jun 2022, 15:51 I tried following instructions as in this thread, but it seems like things have changed. I just installed the latest version of RAID manager. No "online expansion" mentioned anywhere.
Following up on this a few years later: it appears that "online expansion" happens automatically when the drive is powered up and connected to the machine and a new drive is inserted.

My D5-300 had a drive bay that wasn't in use, and I couldn't find any information on how to add that one more drive. Apparently it's as simple as "just insert the new drive while the RAID is powered on and connected." The system will enter "rebuilding" stage as it re-allocates all the storage across the new volume, but after that completes it's up and running.

Hope this helps someone!

Return to “USB Series”