TOS Loading Loop

Initialization of newly purchased TNAS or re-installation of your TNAS
Lebo77

TOS Loading Loop

Post by Lebo77 »

I have reinstalled the TOS after somehow loosing access to my TNAS, an F4-210.

After waiting the system rebooted, but the Screen keeps showing "Loading" and the page title flashes between the IP address and "TOS Loading".

I can't seem to ssh into it either as I just get a "connection refused" message.

What should I do to get get it working again? I would prefer to keep the data on the drives intact if possible, but if not I can manage as this NAS is only used for backup and all my primary machines are currently working. However I do need to get backup re-established ASAP as right now I DON'T have a (current) backup of critical data.

EDIT: I forgot to mention the HDD lights are all blinking and the drives are active. Unclear why. Should I leave it running? Power cycle it? Try something else?
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Re: TOS Loading Loop

Post by TMSupport »

Please refer to the article for troubleshooting:
viewtopic.php?f=75&t=2407&p=13018&hilit=loading#p13018
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Lebo77

Post by Lebo77 »

OK, I re-installed TOS by pulling the drives and starting the machine, then putting the drives back in.

Install went as normal, drive checks all passed. Loading screen appeared and I left it alone for six hours.

I checked on it and the loading screen no longer appears. unable to connect to the box at all. I can't even get a response to pinging the IP. HDD lights 2 and 4 are lit (solid, no blinking), along with LAN and power but HDD 1 and 3 are not and there are no sounds coming from the box.

Going to let it sit overnight, but it seems to have halted.
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

Hi!
"Loading..." shows the file system is being tested. The larger the RAID capacity, it will take longer, and it may even be several days.
Can the TNAS PC search the IP of the device now?
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Lebo77

Post by Lebo77 »

It's not showing "loading" anymore.

No, the PC app does not find it.
TMnorah
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMnorah »

Hi!
It may be that your RAID capacity is relatively large, and the file system fails to mount during the mounting process. Please contact our technical support for remote processing.
Lebo77

Post by Lebo77 »

Ok. It's only four 4TB disks, so it's not huge, and it WAS working fine for months. I will try to set up a remote session when I have some time.

Return to “Initialization”