[Help] Jellyfin 12.0.0.10  [SOLVED]

Discussion on Jellyfin media server, clients
Post Reply
User avatar
Archivist
Posts: 6
Joined: 01 Sep 2026, 21:47
Malta

[Help] Jellyfin 12.0.0.10

Post by Archivist »

I'm using an F2-425 Plus. I had the previous version of Jellyfin in the App Center running fine. I upgraded to the latest version, 12.0.0.10 and my NAS ground to a crawl. CPU usage, according to the Control Panel spiked upwards of 183%...if that's to be trusted. Uninstalled/reinstalled, rebooted multiple times...same results. Anyone else experiencing issues?
User avatar
OlRedRooster
Posts: 18
Joined: 10 Mar 2026, 02:28
Canada

Re: [Help] Jellyfin 12.0.0.10

Post by OlRedRooster »

If you have your OS on the hard drives and not an nvme, the migration will likely be louder and slower, since its updating and migrating all the metadata to the new database format.
User avatar
EriChan
TM Support
Posts: 395
Joined: 06 Jan 2026, 12:27
China

Re: [Help] Jellyfin 12.0.0.10

Post by EriChan »

Archivist wrote: ↑02 Sep 2026, 05:46
High CPU usage after upgrading to Jellyfin 12 is normal behavior:
  • Full Library Scan & Automatic Migration: After updating, the application needs to run automatic migration tasks and fully rescan your media library (extracting metadata and thumbnails), which utilizes multiple CPU cores at high load.
  • Avoid Frequent Reboots or Reinstalls: Restarting or reinstalling interrupts the task, forcing the scan to start over from the beginning each time.
Suggested Steps:

Log into the Jellyfin web client and go to Dashboard > Scheduled Tasks to check the current progress. Please keep the NAS running and allow this initial scan to complete; CPU usage will return to normal once finished.
If high CPU persists after all tasks have finished, please generate a system report via TOS > Support & Help > Issue Report for further analysis.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @

Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com(for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com(for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
User avatar
Archivist
Posts: 6
Joined: 01 Sep 2026, 21:47
Malta

Re: [Help] Jellyfin 12.0.0.10

Post by Archivist »

Thank you! I appreciate the information as I've not upgraded it since hopping on the TOS bandwagon. My library was significantly smaller when I installed!! I have reinstalled the app. I'll ride out the disk chatter and keep an eye on the progress. Thanks again. 谢谢
User avatar
Archivist
Posts: 6
Joined: 01 Sep 2026, 21:47
Malta

Re: [Help] Jellyfin 12.0.0.10  [SOLVED]

Post by Archivist »

After watching my NAS tax itself for 9 hours...to the point that I couldn't log in with TNAS, I deleted Jellyfin and config files. I reinstalled. Not a huge deal for me as I only have a handful of libraries and users. All is copacetic now
Post Reply

Return to “Jellyfin Media Server”