Remote SMB folder -- not enabling

SMB, NFS, AFP, FTP, web file manager and Rsync server.
jwills70

Remote SMB folder -- not enabling

Post by jwills70 »

ok newbie here please be gentle :D

ok my problem is this i am currently using my PC as a plex server and have a WD My Cloud EX2 Ultra attached on the network but it cant really cope so I invested in a terramaster

but brought a TERRAMASTER T9-423 9-Bay High Performance NAS for SMB

so I could transfer my plex and run it all from the nas but my problem is no matter what I try I cant get my terra nas to see the wd nas
as far as I can tell everything has the correct permissions what I mean is I can certainly get the wd nas to run the plex server and it can see terramaster nas and add the folders with no problems

I was told by plex support I had to mount a remote folder which was a bit odd as on my PC I just had to enter \\TNAS\usbshare2\films for a folder on the nas or \\MYCLOUDEX2ULTRA\My Book Duo\tv for the folder on the wd cloud

anyway I followed their instructions
clicked on remote folder
clicked SMb and entered the mount path which is the wd cloud drive
entered my user name and password
then entered a new folder for the destination

but every time I click to enable it I just get an error remote source path is unavailable

I have included 3 pics to see attached

not sure if this helps
I have no firewall on the nas to block anything
current tos 5.1.67 up to date
I only have installed docker manager and plex ,multy media player,snapshot and cloudsync

so how can I enable the folder to add to plex or what have I done wrong
Attachments
6.jpg
5.jpg
4.jpg
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Re: Remote SMB folder -- not enabling

Post by TMroy »

As the prompt suggests, it is likely that the mounting path you entered is incorrect. You should consult WD's support staff on how to obtain the full mounting path for WD NAS under Linux.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
DigitalAnalog
Australia

Post by DigitalAnalog »

This is the exact same issue I'm experiencing. If the mounting path is incorrect, then none of our other devices should be able to mount the shared folder.
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

We have verified in our lab that the SMB mounting function on the TOS web page works normally, and we have successfully mounted directories from a Synology NAS and Ubuntu server. Please confirm if your mounting path is correct, and also ensure that the correct SMB version is enabled on the target device you are trying to mount. It is recommended that the SMB versions on both sides remain consistent.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
jwills70

Post by jwills70 »

TMroy wrote: 09 May 2024, 11:31 As the prompt suggests, it is likely that the mounting path you entered is incorrect. You should consult WD's support staff on how to obtain the full mounting path for WD NAS under Linux.
ok it must be the correct path because it would not allow me to click apply and save it also if I enter the wrong path I just get messages saying remote path unavailable and wont let me click apply the same with if I entered the incorrect user name or password so it must check the path is valid and user name and password match to the nas is that correct ???

also I am using the wdcloud nas on my PC and it connect just fine to the same folders so I know the folder I am trying to connect to is shared and can excess it

you also mentioned smb must be the correct version I have also checked this on wd it is set to smb 2,smb 3 is that correct unsure what the terramaster uses ???

please can you check if this looks correct mount path 192.168.0.*/4k films

I have attached 2 more pics showing my settings on the wd cloud nas 8 jpg and 9 showing the shared folders

also I noticed I can mount a nfs folder instead of smb folder would this work better ?? as you can see in pic 9
it gives me the mount point address as
Mount Point: nfs://192.168.0.*/nfs/4k films
but no matter what way I try to enter the mount path it says unavailable so how do I enter it ?? using nfs://192.168.0.*/nfs/4k films as the example
Attachments
9.jpg
9.jpg (17.16 KiB) Viewed 395 times
8.jpg
8.jpg (15.76 KiB) Viewed 395 times
TMRyan
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMRyan »

Notice from your screenshot that your SMB mount path does not contain "//", you need to enter the correct path, for example: //192.168.2.12/mnt.
Example NFS mount path: 192.168.1.12:/Volume1/Folder1
When you type a mount path, the text below the input field shows an example.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement)
jwills70

Post by jwills70 »

TMRyan wrote: 09 May 2024, 19:42 Notice from your screenshot that your SMB mount path does not contain "//", you need to enter the correct path, for example: //192.168.2.12/mnt.
Example NFS mount path: 192.168.1.12:/Volume1/Folder1
When you type a mount path, the text below the input field shows an example.
ok tried adding // it made no difference still wont enable with same message even though it excepts the user name and password and apply
//192.168.0.0/4k films

the nfs folder way I entered 192.168.0:0/nfs/4k films but wont except it is this correct ?? or am I missing something
this is what wdcloud tell me is the path

Mount Point: nfs://192.168.0.0/nfs/4k films
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

jwills70 wrote: 10 May 2024, 03:16
Please try renaming your folder and removing the space between 4k and films.

Return to “File Services”