CPU overheat

CPU, memory, fan, process, services status, system log, tempreture
golgoth
Italy

CPU overheat

Post by golgoth »

F4-424 pro with TOS 6 229 on. I just noticed (i can't say when it started) that CPU temperature is pretty high (90-94°C), even though its load is around 13-14% and nothing heavy is running (using only bittorrent and emby at the moment, with no files downloading and no movies running).
Fan is running pretty high and loud, of course.

Is this normal?
Attachments
Screenshot (12).png
Screenshot (11).png
DCCentR
Russia

Re: CPU overheat

Post by DCCentR »

I am also seeing these numbers on my F4-424 Pro. I think this is due to the lack of direct airflow on the CPU heatsink.

Fan mostly blows on the hdd's:
terramaster-f4-424-pro-nas-14.jpg
terramaster-f4-424-pro-nas-13.jpg
terramaster-f4-424-pro-nas-09.jpg
(pics from net)
F4-424 Pro
DCCentR
Russia

Post by DCCentR »

It's worth noting that I haven't installed a 3.5 HDD's in it yet. Maybe after installing them the airflow direction will change
F4-424 Pro
golgoth
Italy

Post by golgoth »

Any official statement about this issue?
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

How can the CPU temperature reach 90℃ when the CPU load is only 14%? The heat dissipation design of this model has been rigorously verified, and we have never encountered such a situation in the laboratory. It is also logically unreasonable. We need to verify it again.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
golgoth
Italy

Post by golgoth »

That's exactly what I am asking, how is this possible?
TMRyan
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMRyan »

golgoth wrote: 08 May 2024, 22:17
Is it normal to use before updating TOS6? If you put the fan on full speed, will the temperature stay this high?
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement)
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMzethar »

In addition, could you please generate and download a log report in TOS > Technical Support > Report Issues, then send to our support mailbox for analysis? If the system report is too large to be sent by e-mail, you can delete the /etc/tos section of the zip file, or you can provide it to us via the share link.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
DigitalAnalog
Australia

Post by DigitalAnalog »

TMroy wrote: 08 May 2024, 01:16 How can the CPU temperature reach 90℃ when the CPU load is only 14%? The heat dissipation design of this model has been rigorously verified, and we have never encountered such a situation in the laboratory. It is also logically unreasonable. We need to verify it again.
It's so frustrating when the TM rep's first recourse is to challenge the experience of their customers. You say it's impossible, they said it happened. So who's lying?
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMzethar »

DigitalAnalog wrote: 10 May 2024, 10:13
This is the first time we've seen a strange problem like the one you're experiencing with your TNAS. Normally, we would speculate on your problem as a generally common case.
Since you have disproved our previous assumptions, we are treating it as an exception.
We apologise for upsetting you before coming here.

Return to “System Resources”