Backup speed

The brand-new USB Copy not only provides common backup features, in order to realize offline backup and defend against threats from external networks, TerraMaster engineers have also additionally developed the USB auto-hide feature.
rz259
Germany

Backup speed

Post by rz259 »

Hi,

I am completely new to the froum and to Terramaster. I plan to buy a F2-423 or a F4-423 with initially two 4 GB disks. I'd like to backup my data using an external USB disk.

How fast is the backup via USB-disks? Currently I have only 300 GB and the volume of daily changes is not very high, but I'd like to make sure that the backup via USB is fast since the volume of data might increase in the future.

So how fast is the USB port of these machines?

And do you have a recommendation for the external usb drive?

Thanks a lot for your help,

Rudi
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Re: Backup speed

Post by TMzethar »

For information about the rate of the USB port, you can refer to the official website's public parameter information here. It should be able to meet your requirements.
https://www.terra-master.com/us/product ... u&mid=1125

Regarding the USB disk you mentioned, do you mean a USB DAS device that can load HHD or something else?
We also sell USB DAS devices, if you need:
https://www.terra-master.com/us/product ... o-das.html
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
rz259
Germany

Post by rz259 »

Thanx for your reply, the USB peed looks very promising.

Regarding the USB disk - I just need a single external disk in a case, that's all.

Regards,

Rudi
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMzethar »

TNAS does not have any specific requirements regarding the disk used for your USB case.
Perhaps there is any requirements for your USB case.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)

Return to “USB Copy”