RAID, Volume, storage pool, hard drive, USB, SSD cache and iSCSI LUN
lopies
United States of America

Full capacity showing up showing up in Traid

Post by lopies »

2 8tb
1 14tb
1 20tb in my system.

Just added the 20tb to the Traid array. I am only seeing the capacity of the 20tb drive. I thought that Traid would let me increase the total capacity by adding a larger drive. Am I missing something? Should I not be seeing a larger total capacity for the 14 and 20 tb drives combined?
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Re: Full capacity showing up showing up in Traid

Post by TMzethar »

Do you mean that the storage pool capacity of your four TRAID disks has not changed after adding a 20TB disk?
Please generate and download the log report in TOS > Technical Support > Report Issues, and then unzip and get the disk.txt, send it as an attachment here.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
lopies
United States of America

Post by lopies »

TMzethar wrote: 07 Apr 2024, 17:28 Do you mean that the storage pool capacity of your four TRAID disks has not changed after adding a 20TB disk?
Please generate and download the log report in TOS > Technical Support > Report Issues, and then unzip and get the disk.txt, send it as an attachment here.
Keep getting a file extention error when I try to attach. Added a Google drive link instead. Thanks. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OrXEy6 ... drive_link
lopies
United States of America

Post by lopies »

Just I case. I originally set up the Traid with 2 8tb drives. Then added the 14tb to extend the storage pool. With gave me a little over 14tb. Later I added the 20tb thinking it would extended the storage pool. When I looked at the storage pool it is now a 21.8tb. I thought adding them together I would have had more space. Was I supposed to add a second 14tb drive to extend the storage pool correctly?
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMzethar »

Your Google Drive files require permission to access, and it is not recommended that you send the entire system report to the forum.
You can send it to the technical support email or the customer service on the official website homepage.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)

Return to “Storage”