TOS 6 (beta) / BACKUP MAC TO TNAS/TDAS WITH TIME MACHINE

This forum serves as a free discussion zone, intended to facilitate community conversations on topics unrelated to TerraMaster products and services.
DavidEber
United States of America

TOS 6 (beta) / BACKUP MAC TO TNAS/TDAS WITH TIME MACHINE

Post by DavidEber »

Just installed TOS 6 and loving it.

Is "BACKUP MAC TO TNAS/TDAS WITH TIME MACHINE" no longer, or just in a different menu/location. It use to be located @ TOS desktop> Backup > Time Machine > Settings.

From Time Machine on network Macs I see the the public folder but not any other shared folder... Though I see all of them on the network and can access them.

Thanks,
David
DavidEber
United States of America

Re: TOS 6 (beta) / BACKUP MAC TO TNAS/TDAS WITH TIME MACHINE

Post by DavidEber »

More on this...

A Mac running the latest Apple IOS (Sonoma ver 14.4.1) can only see the public folder on the NAS. Though from the finder I see all the shared folders on the NAS.

A older Mac mini (Catalina 10.15.7) can see every and all Shared Drives on the NAS.

Both have the same firewall software, regardless I tried disabling it to see if that would help.

Open to suggestions or if this is a known issue.

David
DavidEber
United States of America

Re: TOS 6 (beta) / BACKUP MAC TO TNAS/TDAS WITH TIME MACHINE

Post by DavidEber »

DISREGARD THIS POST!!!

Back up just appeared on the TOS bar at top of screen. For some reason the bar icons and the "dashboard" icons did not appear the first few times I opened the home page. They were squares or not there at all. The squares are all icons and missing icons are now there!

...and I still love this thing. It is so Mac better than my old Plex solution!

David

Return to “Lounge and Boast”