f4-210 (4bay) dead, migrating to new device?

Topics about hardware platform, power, memory, UPS, network adapter
quesadilla79
United States of America

f4-210 (4bay) dead, migrating to new device?

Post by quesadilla79 »

I've had the F4-210 4-Bay NAS 1GB RAM Quad Core and up and running for three years without a problem. A few weeks ago, I shut it down, unplugged it, and moved it to a closet for a few days while I had some painting and work done in my home. It will no longer power on, all LEDs and fans are dead. I tried replacing the onboard CMOS battery but that didn't work either. I also chatted with tech support and the conclusion was that the device had failed and was out of warranty.

I used it almost exclusively as a media server running Emby. Therefore, most of the data consisted of video files in MKV format, along with Emby metadata files. All data was on three 10tb WD red drives setup in Raid 5. The fourth bay was empty but I had been waiting for a sale on a 4th 10tb WD drive when the device failed. As far as I know, all data was unaffected as the device was working fine until I unplugged it.

Any way, I have purchased a new T F4-210 4-Bay NAS 2GB RAM Quad Core which should be arriving tomorrow (via the Amazon Terramaster store).

What is the best way for me to setup the new device to minimize the risk of data loss?

Thanks!
TMqiky

Re: f4-210 (4bay) dead, migrating to new device?

Post by TMqiky »

If you are certain that it is a device malfunction and there is no problem with the hard drive, as the new and old devices are of the same model, insert the three hard drives used on the old device into the new device and turn it on to use.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
quesadilla79
United States of America

Re: f4-210 (4bay) dead, migrating to new device?

Post by quesadilla79 »

Great, thank you. The new NAS arrived today, I will try it and see. Fingers crossed!

Return to “Hardware, Power and Accessories”