How to extend LUN on F2-212

RAID, Volume, storage pool, hard drive, USB, SSD cache and iSCSI LUN
knabors
United States of America

How to extend LUN on F2-212

Post by knabors »

Hello, I'm not exactly sure if this is the right place to post this question, but it's the closest I'm finding (new to this forum).

So basically, I'm trying to extend a LUN I initially set up to only use a portion of the existing storage volume, but I'm running into something weird when I adjust the "Capacity" value of the LUN to the full size of the volume.

Details:
TOS version: 5.1.73-00078
Storage Pool: 2 x 6 TB drives using TRAID
Volume size: 5.45 TB, aka 5579.09 GB (full capacity of the Storage Pool)
Current LUN capacity: 4.7 TB, aka 4811 GB
LUN Free space: 3865.72
LUN mapped to iSCSI target 1 (the only target set up)

Behavior:
I open the settings for the iSCSI LUN and the "Capacity" field shows a value of 4811 GB, so I change it to 5579.09 GB. As soon as I click outside of that field again, the value automatically changes to 3865.72 GB (matching the "Free space" value just above it).

So how do I expand the LUN Volume to use the full capacity of the storage volume? My google-fu has failed me, and I'm only finding articles/posts about how to expand the Storage Pool or Volume, not the actual LUN.

Thanks!
TMRyan
TerraMaster Team
China

Re: How to extend LUN on F2-212

Post by TMRyan »

You'll first need to go to the volume page of the control panel to edit the volume capacity of your LUN.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement)
knabors
United States of America

Post by knabors »

I'm not sure what you mean, maybe I'm missing something? The Volume is already assigned all usable space of the storage pool, I just can't get the LUN to match that capacity:

Current capacities:
Volume size: 5.45 TB (matches capacity of the Storage Pool)
Current LUN capacity: 4.7 TB

Target capacities:
Volume size: 5.45 TB
Current LUN capacity: 5.45 TB
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMzethar »

Do you set up Thick provisioning for this Lun?
Sorry for the inconvenience you have encountered. It has been confirmed that there is an issue with the capacity calculation when you use Thick provisioning for the Lun. We have notified the project team to fix it. Please wait for the update of the iSCSI Manager app.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
knabors
United States of America

Post by knabors »

No, it's set up as Thin provisioned. Screenshot of details: https://docs.summithosting.com/s/cJ2eYnAnqGoA9bL

I don't know if maybe that's the issue (incompatible with the Volume for some reason?), so here's the Volume information as well: https://docs.summithosting.com/s/9koNE9Pq9gew5sA
TMtina
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMtina »

You need to edit the capacity of the volume corresponding to the LUN first (Control Panel->Volume), and then modify the capacity of the LUN.

Return to “Storage”