"Configuring" question

Discussion on Plex media server and clients
MissionAborted
Canada

"Configuring" question

Post by MissionAborted »

Not sure if this is a Terramaster or Plex issue...

About once per week, usually on Monday morning, my Plex (currently v 1.32.8.7639) server goes "offline" and I cannot access any of my libraries and files through Plex. I need to go into TOS (4.2.41) and open the Plex app... When I open the Plex app from within TOS, I see a "configuring... please wait" message for 10 seconds or so. I can then click "Enter" and open Plex. All my libraries and files are then restored. The version of plex does not seem to matter and the TOS version says it is up to date.

I am wondering what I can do to keep this from happening. It is an annoyance more than anything, as I have to do this about once per week, and others who use my server are always contacting me, saying my plex libraries are offline...

Any help in solving this would be greatly appreciated.
TMpzhen

Re: "Configuring" question

Post by TMpzhen »

MissionAborted wrote: 30 Mar 2024, 05:00
Are you using a 210 series model with less RAM? Have you set up an automated task to run on Mondays? It is possible that this automatic task caused the RAM usage to be too high on Monday, so that Plex with the highest RAM usage was forced to stop at this time.
MissionAborted
Canada

Re: "Configuring" question

Post by MissionAborted »

I am using the F4-210, so that may be it. I noticed I have the "optimize database every week" scheduled task checked in Plex, so I will uncheck that and see if the issue is resolved.

I appreciate your suggestions. Thank you! :)

Return to “Plex”