TOS 4.2.44 is Released for Update

Official news about TOS, mobile app, PC app updates or beta releases
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Re: TOS 4.2.44 is Released for Update

Post by TMzethar »

sianderson wrote: 17 Apr 2024, 21:45
We will modify and optimize the relevant descriptions.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
seajayshome
Great Britain

Post by seajayshome »

F4-220 upgrade fine using manual method described - no issues (automatic update said already on latest version even though that was not correct.)
noiro
Greece

Post by noiro »

Is Terrasync going to be available for TOS 4.x ?
AndyB
Great Britain

Post by AndyB »

pipa89 wrote: 29 Mar 2024, 01:38 Updated and working. Although I prefer that an effort be made and the f2 210 be truly upgraded to tos 5.
Personally I'd just be happy if they fixed some of the issues reported with tos 4, but I won't hold my breath.
Tygarys
United States of America

Post by Tygarys »

I went to do the update, but my antivirus (eset) flagged the update file. Is this a legit program and a false positive?

TOS_A1.0_Update_ARM4.2_4.2.44_LTS23061206_2403260950.bz2 - a variant of Linux/Riskware.Frp.B
./usr/sbin/dgconsole - a variant of Linux/Riskware.Frp.B application
sianderson
Great Britain

Post by sianderson »

AndyB wrote: 07 May 2024, 20:35
pipa89 wrote: 29 Mar 2024, 01:38 Updated and working. Although I prefer that an effort be made and the f2 210 be truly upgraded to tos 5.
Personally I'd just be happy if they fixed some of the issues reported with tos 4, but I won't hold my breath.
i really wouldnt hold your breath, no doubt the response will just simply be to buy newer hardware that supports TOS 5 / 6

since they already announced TOS 6, not sure why they would do much on TOS 4, its a bit like microsoft trying to fix things on windows vista when windows 11 is out etc
F2-210

AndyB
Great Britain

Post by AndyB »

sianderson wrote: 12 May 2024, 18:26
AndyB wrote: 07 May 2024, 20:35
i really wouldnt hold your breath, no doubt the response will just simply be to buy newer hardware that supports TOS 5 / 6

since they already announced TOS 6, not sure why they would do much on TOS 4, its a bit like microsoft trying to fix things on windows vista when windows 11 is out etc
I do understand the analogy, however considering Vista's final release was 14 years ago, it's a little flawed. I bought my NAS less than a year ago, when it was still being marketed on the TerraMaster website, so it's not like I bought something that was out of support. I appreciate that my NAS is no longer on general sale, however it still has a number of issues ranging from very minor cosmetic issues (like showing the wrong time zone region during DST), to more serious flaws (like the built in file manager renaming files and folders without prompting). From what I've read, some of these issues have been around for some time, so they've had plenty of opportunity to try and fix them.

I don't expect them to employ a team to try and crowbar a later OS onto a chipset that doesn't normally support it, however they've been notified about numerous issues, but don't seem to have any inclination to resolve them.

Anyway, knowing what the level of support seems to be for their products, I can safely say that my F2-210 is both my first and last TerraMaster device.
crisisacting

Post by crisisacting »

AndyB wrote: Yesterday, 16:18 appreciate that my NAS is no longer on general sale, however it still has a number of issues ranging from very minor cosmetic issues (like showing the wrong time zone region during DST), to more serious flaws (like the built in file manager renaming files and folders without prompting). From what I've read, some of these issues have been around for some time, so they've had plenty of opportunity to try and fix them.
As long as you and others are submitting tickets about these issues & they are acknowledging them, there should be point releases to resolve them if they are not directly resolving them case by case with customers.
AndyB wrote: Yesterday, 16:18don't expect them to employ a team to try and crowbar a later OS onto a chipset that doesn't normally support it, however they've been notified about numerous issues, but don't seem to have any inclination to resolve them.
Every NAS manufacturer that uses RealTek ARM SoCs in their entry level models is unfortunately stuck in this situation of being unable to easily move to a newer Linux kernel since the SoC isn't being developed for anymore by RealTek, which in Terra-Master's case, means it's stuck on a previous TOS generation unless they dedicate a team to develop for a newer Linux kernel on their own; QNAP, with their ARM models, does slowly post point releases for security related issues on the existing kernel, but most of those models are end of life already & even Synology occasionally has point releases for similar security fixes on their RealTek ARM SoCs units.

Terra-Master is really doing a poor job of communicating what & where the situation of the 210 device series stands, especially outright ignoring questions and comments around them.

Finally managed to get an employee to acknowledge the situation in the TOS 6 beta thread, but it hasn't moved any further ahead beyond this 4.2.44 point release thread.
AndyB
Great Britain

Post by AndyB »

crisisacting wrote: Yesterday, 22:18 As long as you and others are submitting tickets about these issues & they are acknowledging them, there should be point releases to resolve them if
they are not directly resolving them case by case with customers.

I put a support ticket in about 9 months ago. They did confirm that the issue existed (to which I assume they mean that they can recreate the problem) and that they'd submit the issue to the project team. So far, nothing more has been said.
crisisacting wrote: Yesterday, 22:18Terra-Master is really doing a poor job of communicating what & where the situation of the 210 device series stands, especially outright ignoring questions and comments around them.
They may not sell the F2-210 anymore, however the F4-210 is still on their website. AFAIK the only difference is the number of drive bays and double the RAM, so that class of device is still on sale. Yet they seemingly have no plans to offer any support beyond essential security fixes.

Return to “Update Notice”