New Shared Folders don't show on networked MACs

This forum serves as a free discussion zone, intended to facilitate community conversations on topics unrelated to TerraMaster products and services.
DavidEber
United States of America

New Shared Folders don't show on networked MACs

Post by DavidEber »

I'm new to NAS tech...going to love it if it works!

Setting up my new F3-423. Creating shared folders. I created a few, they worked. I saw them on network MACs and logons.

I then discovered how limited TOS_5 is with mapping folders to different apps, so I had to delete my folder structure to create new shared folders in the root directory the TOS recognizes.

Issue: I can see the new shared folders in the control panel and file manager, but none of the computers on the network see these new folders.

Troubleshooting:
1.) I checked user permissions and folder permissions...all set to read/write
2.) I went to advance settings to reset shared folders
3.) I rebooted the NAS multiple times
4.) I deleted and redid the folders using the default admin account, not my user account w/ admin permissions.
5.) I have read every FAQ I could find...

Tried to open a tech support ticket, but e-mail won't let me send the required downloaded file as its too big.

Thanks for any help w/ getting my shared folders visible,

David
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Re: New Shared Folders don't show on networked MACs

Post by TMzethar »

If you are inquiring about technical support email, please continue to communicate with them. Regarding the files you want to transfer, you can use sharing tools such as cloud disk sharing or WeTransfer.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
DavidEber
United States of America

Post by DavidEber »

Don’t understand your response.

I’m trying to get the TOS shared folders to be seen on other Mac computers that are on my network. This post is not about an issue of transferring files. My question on this post is about the shared folders you create in the TOS.

David
Gremlin
Great Britain

Post by Gremlin »

Sounds like it is a permissions issue. Different users on other computers not having permissions on NAS? Network machines being blocked by file transfer permissions on NAS?
F5-221 5.1.123, 8GB System Partition on 3 x 4TB Traid; 3TB EXT4
F2-221 TOS6 (Beta), 8GB System Partition on 2 x 6TB in Traid. (Latest Update 11/04/24)
DavidEber
United States of America

Post by DavidEber »

OMG, Gremlin you gave me the guidance I needed!!!

I set them all up using "no limit"... and they did not show as shared on my network.

You mentioned permissions as the issue so I tried setting permissions "by user" and then selected ALL the users. I NOW HAVE SHARED FOLDERS!!!!

Thank you all!
David
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMzethar »

We will advise the relevant project team to confirm this.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMzethar »

After verification, it was found that if you set "Unrestricted" for the first time, you may not be able to access through SMB, and the problem can be solved when you reset the permission once.
This will be fixed in a future version.
DigitalAnalog
Australia

Post by DigitalAnalog »

TMzethar wrote: 27 Mar 2024, 11:49 After verification, it was found that if you set "Unrestricted" for the first time, you may not be able to access through SMB, and the problem can be solved when you reset the permission once.
This will be fixed in a future version.
I can confirm I've also experienced this issue with TOS 5.1 on a F4-423.

Return to “Lounges”