Is TOS 5 installed on all drives?

Initialization of newly purchased TNAS or re-installation of your TNAS
DigitalAnalog
Australia

Is TOS 5 installed on all drives?

Post by DigitalAnalog »

I currently have 2 SSDs and 1 HDD in my F4-423 running TOS 5.1. I'm planning on replacing my 2 1TB SSDs with 2 2TB SSDs. When I first initialised the NAS, I only had the SSDs so I believe that's where TOS was initially installed. I've since added a single HDD and planning to add more. My question - if I remove the 2 SSDs, would the system boot up as normal or would it try to reinitialize? And if it does, would it reformat my existing drive? Thank you.
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Re: Is TOS 5 installed on all drives?

Post by TMzethar »

Generally speaking, your HDD does not have TOS so you can't open TOS with only HDD in TNAS.
If you want HDDs to have TOS, there are two methods:
1. Reinstall TOS so that you can reinstall TOS for HDD
2. Enter system instructions to synchronize TOS to the HDD's system partition through custom task schedules or SSH/Telnet connections:

Code: Select all

lsblk #Confirm the drive letter, generally speaking, it should be a. But it's also possible that it's not.
mdadm -a /dev/md9 /dev/sda2
mdadm -a /dev/md8 /dev/sda3
Wait 10 minutes or so and then you should be able to open TOS with only HHD installed.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
DigitalAnalog
Australia

Post by DigitalAnalog »

I see, so if I remove the SSDs and just leave the drive, the TOS bootloader will kick in and ask me to re-initialise TOS?
TMLyy
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMLyy »

DigitalAnalog wrote: 26 Mar 2024, 21:23
Yes, follow the page guidelines to reinstall.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMzethar »

DigitalAnalog wrote: 26 Mar 2024, 21:23
When you have TOS in your HHD, it will boot into the TOS page. Otherwise, it will go to the initialisation page.

Return to “Initialization”