Trying to remote mount SMB folder

IPv4/6, Port, VPN, proxy, SSH, remote access and more.
Gremlin
Great Britain

Re: Trying to remote mount SMB folder

Post by Gremlin »

Surely, what you are looking for is Control Panel > Remote Folder :?:
F5-221 5.1.123, 8GB System Partition on 3 x 4TB Traid; 3TB EXT4
F2-221 TOS6 (Beta), 8GB System Partition on 2 x 6TB in Traid. (Latest Update 11/04/24)
DigitalAnalog
Australia

Post by DigitalAnalog »

Gremlin wrote: 27 Mar 2024, 23:26 Surely, what you are looking for is Control Panel > Remote Folder :?:
I obviously know where the Remote Folder option is, but I'm having issues mounting an SMB folder and getting a "Resource path unavailable" error despite providing all the required details - I think this was pretty clear from my initial post. :)
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMzethar »

DigitalAnalog wrote: 27 Mar 2024, 20:29
Sorry that we misunderstood your description.
If it is an SMB connection under the same LAN, you do not need these.
Please take a screenshot of the mounting settings page of the Asus router. We need to know if you have any setup errors.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
DigitalAnalog
Australia

Post by DigitalAnalog »

Here you go. My LAN IP for the ASUS router is 192.168.50.1. I've also attached a screenshot of the error message I get from TOS (Remote source path unavailable). Again, this is strange because I have zero issues connecting to this share with any other device in my network. The redacted username is the same one I'm using in the TOS Remote Mount Folder function.

Gremlin
Great Britain

Post by Gremlin »

Is the 'Destination Path' empty?
F2-221 TOS6 (Beta), 8GB System Partition on 2 x 6TB in Traid. (Latest Update 11/04/24)
DigitalAnalog
Australia

Post by DigitalAnalog »

Gremlin wrote: 30 Mar 2024, 19:51 Is the 'Destination Path' empty?
No, it is not empty. You would know the Apply action is disabled until you select a Destination folder, so you can't even trigger the "Remote source path unavailable" error if the Destination field is left blank. I had purposely timed the screenshot to capture the error message even if it obscures the Destination field as the error message has more troubleshooting value.
Gremlin
Great Britain

Post by Gremlin »

No, I meant is the destination folder itself physically empty of files/folders (as stated in the help file).
DigitalAnalog
Australia

Post by DigitalAnalog »

Gremlin wrote: 30 Mar 2024, 20:07 No, I meant is the destination folder itself physically empty of files/folders (as stated in the help file).
Yes, the destination folder is also empty.
TMRyan
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMRyan »

Thank you for your feedback. Our laboratory will follow up on this issue.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement)
DigitalAnalog
Australia

Post by DigitalAnalog »

I've isolated the problem as a potential SMB incompatibility between my ASUS AX88U router and the F4-423, as I was able to remote mount another SMB share from another device on the network within the NAS.

Am I able to extract logs about how the SMB connection fails? The "remote source path unavailable" error message is not very helpful and is not even mentioned in TerraMaster documentation.

The issue persists on both the stock ASUS and Asuswrt-Merlin firmwares. Thank you.

Return to “Network & Remote Access”