multiple drives on volumes/storage

RAID, Volume, storage pool, hard drive, USB, SSD cache and iSCSI LUN
apin13

multiple drives on volumes/storage

Post by apin13 »

Hello, I had F22 for a year with 1 drive.
I recently just bought another drive to expand the storage capacity.

I managed to install the new drive but I had to create a new storage pool and a new volume.
I am expecting the new drive to be "added" to the existing volume so I don't need to worry about selecting a correct volume. (I cannot even access the volume #2 from the file manager now).

I tried to edit the storage pool and saw there is an option to add a drive. But somehow it is disabled.

Anyway, is it possible to combine these 2 drives into 1 volume/storage pool or whatever.. Sorry I'm not familiar with all these terms.

Thank you.
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Re: multiple drives on volumes/storage

Post by TMSupport »

What you want to do now is setting up the first HDD and the new one to be a whole storage pool with the sum of the capacity, right?
Then you cannot do it without losing data. You should backup your data first, and delete the current volume and storage pool, and create the new storage pool and select the RAID mode as JBOD.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
apin13

Post by apin13 »

Thank you so much, I will probably need another drive to back-up.

Anyway, how do I access the root?
Via File manager app, I used to be able to go to the root e.g. Volume #1

There are a lot of files in the root that I would like to clear.
Those files were created by mistake because I input the wrong path in the "transmission" app.

I know the folders and the files there because I could see them via Plex app (where you add library).
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

Please see the picture below and let me know whether it's the path you need.
home.jpg
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
apin13

Post by apin13 »

Nope :(

I would like to access this
mnt/md0/Hmm

this is a screenshot i took from Plex app.
https://imgur.com/a/SufMlAD

The new file manager app cannot go beyond [users] that is why I cannot go to that [Hmm] that was created by transmission app.

any other way?
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

You can SSH access your TNAS and login as root ( the password is the same as admin's), and use the cmd line to access it:
cd /mnt/md0/Hmm
ls