F2 223 - NO internet access for my web site (php)

IPv4/6, Port, VPN, proxy, SSH, remote access and more.
Webbie
Belgium

F2 223 - NO internet access for my web site (php)

Post by Webbie »

Hi,

I have just installed my F2-223 on a LAN cable and everything works very well in LOCAL NETWORK (cameras, website... others).

I can access the TOS interface via the internet with the link "tnas.online" when I am outside Belgium, BUT I cannot find how to access my website (which works fine locally) !?

I've open a port on our BBOX3 so that it should work but nothing to do.

Can anybody help me please ?

Thnx a lot !
TMzzl
TerraMaster Team

Re: F2 223 - NO internet access for my web site (php)

Post by TMzzl »

Webbie wrote: 15 Mar 2024, 22:56
Access from the Internet requires WAN IP and ports.
In fact, our TNAS. Online link resolves to our server rather than your WAN IP, and TNAS. Online can essentially only do TOS web forwarding. You can try to set up DDNS by yourself at the DDNS service provider.
Webbie
Belgium

Post by Webbie »

Thank you for your reply.

I opened a DDNS account with "NO-IP" and opened a port on our BBOX3.

This is the method I use to access our cameras when we are abroad... but I cannot access my website on the TOS with this method.
The problem may be because I haven't enabled an option somewhere and I'm not sure which TOS port number to use in the BBOX.

I'm still looking but if you have a solution, I'm very attentive... thank you.
Webbie
Belgium

Post by Webbie »

... also...

For information, I've activated the DDNS option in "Remote connection"
TMwuu
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMwuu »

Webbie wrote: 16 Mar 2024, 18:22
You can refer to this link to set up port forwarding on the router, and be sure to replace the FTP port with the port used to access TNAS from the external network.viewtopic.php?t=1133
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Webbie
Belgium

Post by Webbie »

TMwuu wrote: 16 Mar 2024, 18:22 You can refer to this link to set up port forwarding on the router, and be sure to replace the FTP port with the port used to access TNAS from the external network.viewtopic.php?t=1133
This topic is about "FTP" and everything is ok with this protocol... I can access all I want. My problem is that I cannot get my 'PHP' website from out of Belgium by use the "HTTP" (or https) protocol ?

Thank you for your answer anyway !
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

Webbie wrote: 18 Mar 2024, 01:30
It is not possible to resolve the applications within TOS solely through DDNS domain names. You need a reverse proxy (currently TOS does not provide reverse proxy services), or customize the Nginx configuration and service ports. You need to learn more detailed related knowledge through Google.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Gremlin
Great Britain

Post by Gremlin »

Which port did you open on BBox3?
What service is your ISP providing? Public IP?
How are you addressing your web site? By port no?

If your IP is putting your LAN behind CGNAT you are unlikely to be able to reach your lan directly.

[I wrote a bit about CGNAT here : viewtopic.php?t=5540 ]
F5-221 5.1.123, 8GB System Partition on 3 x 4TB Traid; 3TB EXT4
F2-221 TOS6 (Beta), 8GB System Partition on 2 x 6TB in Traid. (Latest Update 11/04/24)
Gremlin
Great Britain

Post by Gremlin »

TMroy wrote: 18 Mar 2024, 19:01
It is not possible to resolve the applications within TOS solely through DDNS domain names. You need a reverse proxy (currently TOS does not provide reverse proxy services), or customize the Nginx configuration and service ports. You need to learn more detailed related knowledge through Google.
I'll take issue with that. I think I know what was meant, but it possible to resolve applications (eg web site) with ddns and port forwarding on the local router. I am able to use my ddns domain name and access my TOS web site (in this case as it's the only one running) by addressing to a specific port
[ eg http://www.mydomainname:9898 ] and port forwarding port 9898 --> 8181 on my NAS ] Don't worry, it was only open for a couple of minutes and is now closed again :mrgreen:

What I THINK was intended is that the OP needs to ensure their local web site (however it is setup) is pointing to an unused service port in the first instance. There are of course security concerns in such a case and that the TOS system cannot necessarily resolve those.
F5-221 5.1.123, 8GB System Partition on 3 x 4TB Traid; 3TB EXT4
F2-221 TOS6 (Beta), 8GB System Partition on 2 x 6TB in Traid. (Latest Update 11/04/24)
Webbie
Belgium

Post by Webbie »

Gremlin wrote: 18 Mar 2024, 23:08 Which port did you open on BBox3?
What service is your ISP providing? Public IP?
How are you addressing your web site? By port no?

If your IP is putting your LAN behind CGNAT you are unlikely to be able to reach your lan directly.

[I wrote a bit about CGNAT here : viewtopic.php?t=5540 ]

Return to “Network & Remote Access”