double raid 2(2 mirrors)

USB RAID storage for photographers, music producers, movie collectors
stp242
Finland

double raid 2(2 mirrors)

Post by stp242 »

i have D5-300
i need to make two raids 2. 1 for hdd 1 and 2 and second for hdd3 and 4. and hdd 5 shuold work separatly.
is it possibe to do that on D5-300 ? and if possibe how to do it better?
attach screenshot from official page of D5-300 where said i can use one or more raids
Attachments
terraMaster D5-300.png
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Re: double raid 2(2 mirrors)

Post by TMzethar »

This is possible, D5-300 supports building multiple arrays and using them in parallel.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
stp242
Finland

Post by stp242 »

thanks.
how to use hdd5? i tried to make mirror 1( hdd1+hdd2) ,hdd3 was in slot 3 or 5 whaen i was making raid2.
when raid 2 was ready i can't see hdd3 but see raid.
when i take out this 2 hdds(1 and 2) from d5-300 and reboot, i saw hdd3 and data like before.
should i made for this hdd3(in the future hdd5)? - some raid too?
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMzethar »

Is there a file system format on your third drive that cannot be recognized by the current computer?
If there is data inside, it is recommended that you put it back on your previous computer to backup the data.
After backup, place it in D5-300 and format it using RAID Manager to create a file system format that is compatible with your current computer.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
stp242
Finland

Post by stp242 »

all hdds is NTFS(GPT).
yes. in hdd3 data inside. when i made raid 2 with hdd1 and hdd2 my PC(win11) stop see this hdd3 on disc manager and just like hdd in pc(by i can see all 3 hdds in terramaster RAID manager). for now i take out hdd1 and 2 from d5-300 and i see hdd3 and data on my PC again(inside d5-300 only hdd3)
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMzethar »

From the description you provided, it is highly likely that your HDD3 is being used as a hot spare for RAID1.
We suggest that you backup the data of HDD3, recreate it as a Single on RAID Manager, and then format the file system on disk management.
stp242
Finland

Post by stp242 »

i already made backup for hdd3. should i make raid 2 for hdd 1 and 2 before and then put in d5-300 hdd3 ?
how to make right step for visible raid 2 and hdd3(and in the future 2x raids 2 for hdd1 and 2(first raid 2) and hdd3 and 4(secod raid 2) + hdd 5 alone).?
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMzethar »

It doesn't matter the order, please perform the formatting operation on HDD3 in the RAID Manager app.
stp242
Finland

Post by stp242 »

i can't see this option in raid manager app.
i can only create raid and update the app
Attachments
raid manager.png
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMzethar »

Please select the "RAID" option and let us observe the displayed content.

Return to “USB Series”