The TOS 6 Beta Is Now Available for Public Testing

Official news about TOS, mobile app, PC app updates or beta releases
star
Sweden

Re: The TOS 6 Beta Is Now Available for Public Testing

Post by star »

TMroy wrote: 20 Mar 2024, 19:32 We have recently provided remote support to some users who encountered failures while updating to TOS 6. These users all claimed that they were using TOS version 5.1.123 before the upgrade, but upon our verification, this was not the case. Due to not meeting the update requirements of TOS 6, they all experienced issues such as Nginx not running and the TOS page not loading after the update. Therefore, we strongly recommend once again that before attempting to upgrade to TOS 6, please ensure that your TNAS device meets all the necessary update conditions to avoid any unnecessary troubles.
Even people who have latest version see my screen shot 5.1.123 cannot update. we get massive errors and failure in raids.

i have tried 2 times now. and i get same error.

there is something broken in the TOS6 update process.
star
Sweden

Post by star »

Tricky wrote: 20 Mar 2024, 20:31
TMroy wrote: 20 Mar 2024, 19:32 We have recently provided remote support to some users who encountered failures while updating to TOS 6. These users all claimed that they were using TOS version 5.1.123 before the upgrade, but upon our verification, this was not the case. Due to not meeting the update requirements of TOS 6, they all experienced issues such as Nginx not running and the TOS page not loading after the update. Therefore, we strongly recommend once again that before attempting to upgrade to TOS 6, please ensure that your TNAS device meets all the necessary update conditions to avoid any unnecessary troubles.
Well, mine definitely was! and got the same result the second time so there is a problem somewhere! getting heartily sick of problem after problem!
same here i tried a second time same problem.

i been trying to figure out what the issue is but so far no luck.
Tricky
Great Britain

Post by Tricky »

TMroy wrote: 21 Mar 2024, 00:16
If you can allow a remote session from our engineer to find out the issues, that will be much appreciated!
So how are you supposed to allow a remote session when you cannot access the desktop to do it? :roll:

I have now reverted back to 5.1.123 and wiped the drives at least this version is pretty stable, despite jmaysnc thinking you should expect nothing you should at least expect to be able to access the desktop in order to set up regardless it being a "public" beta version! :roll:
jmaysnc
United States of America

Post by jmaysnc »

Tricky wrote: 21 Mar 2024, 01:43
If you can allow a remote session from our engineer to find out the issues, that will be much appreciated!
So how are you supposed to allow a remote session when you cannot access the desktop to do it? :roll:

I have now reverted back to 5.1.123 and wiped the drives at least this version is pretty stable, despite jmaysnc thinking you should expect nothing you should at least expect to be able to access the desktop in order to set up regardless it being a "public" beta version! :roll:
https://support.brilliant.tech/hc/en-us ... ublic-Beta
DizConnected
United States of America

Post by DizConnected »

TMroy wrote: 20 Mar 2024, 19:32
I know for a fact that I went in and clicked on download update and it said no updates available before I installed the TOS 6 Beta. I wish I had take a screenshot of the version number beforehand.
jasonmcroy
United States of America

Post by jasonmcroy »

Hi TMroy - How do I set this up to be done? I am more than happy to have this done.

I downloaded the beta app on windows and it does find my device and says it's at version 5.1.352. It also says it is unintialized.
Screenshot 2024-03-20 224918.png
Screenshot 2024-03-20 224918.png (23.17 KiB) Viewed 1622 times
Screenshot 2024-03-20 224732.png
PedroAG
Spain

Post by PedroAG »

I confirmed that I was on the correct version of the OS and still the web interface did not work.
Attachments
Captura de pantalla 2024-03-21 105933.png
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

According to our background download statistics, so far, more than 650 users have participated in the installation and testing of TOS 6 beta. This issue is happening to individual users and we will continue to look for the cause. We thank all users for helping us raise bugs during the TOS 6 beta testing phase, and we will resolve these known bugs before the official release.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

PedroAG wrote: 21 Mar 2024, 18:01
what you see 5.1.352 is the version number of the TNAS PC client, if you need to obtain TOS version, you need to log in the TOS web page and check the version from there.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Tricky
Great Britain

Post by Tricky »

TMroy wrote: 21 Mar 2024, 18:10
According to our background download statistics, so far, more than 650 users have participated in the installation and testing of TOS 6 beta. This issue is happening to individual users and we will continue to look for the cause. We thank all users for helping us raise bugs during the TOS 6 beta testing phase, and we will resolve these known bugs before the official release.
Thats is all very well but without being able to access the desktop and system how are you going to diagnose the problem if the user cannot authorise external interrogation?

Return to “Update Notice”