The TOS 6 Beta Is Now Available for Public Testing

Official news about TOS, mobile app, PC app updates or beta releases
DizConnected
United States of America

Re: The TOS 6 Beta Is Now Available for Public Testing

Post by DizConnected »

Tricky wrote: 31 Mar 2024, 16:46 Call me suspicious but I can't help but wonder are TM starting to favor certain makes of drive and just like some of the RAM that can't be used in the TNAS will we start to find HDDs the same if not the "approved" make.
2nd thing I did when I got TOS 6 working was to try my 32GB of TeamGroup memory that didn't work on TOS5, and guess what... IT WORKS!

Only thing I have not gotten to work is Hyper Cache, I am sure I will have to contact support and have someone remote in to fix it.
Lihodej
Russia

Post by Lihodej »

After installing TOS 6, the hyper cache was not enabled, and after turning it on, I lost access to the web interface, it does not allow me to log in. He writes that the page was not found, but there is access to other programs such as Nexctlaud and jellyfin. can you tell me how to restore access?
DizConnected
United States of America

Post by DizConnected »

Lihodej wrote: 01 Apr 2024, 12:15
Have you tried removing the M.2 drive(s) to see if you can access the web interface once the Hyper Cache drives are removed. I guess maybe you could make hyper cache from 2.5 SSD drives? If so try removing whatever drives you are using for Hyper cache to see if web access works afterwards.
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMzethar »

DizConnected wrote: 01 Apr 2024, 11:33
Tricky wrote: 31 Mar 2024, 16:46 Call me suspicious but I can't help but wonder are TM starting to favor certain makes of drive and just like some of the RAM that can't be used in the TNAS will we start to find HDDs the same if not the "approved" make.
2nd thing I did when I got TOS 6 working was to try my 32GB of TeamGroup memory that didn't work on TOS5, and guess what... IT WORKS!

Only thing I have not gotten to work is Hyper Cache, I am sure I will have to contact support and have someone remote in to fix it.
We can arrange for engineers to inspect for you.
Additionally, if your SSD has not been installed with TOS or has not been used as storage, you may also try to refer to this solution:
viewtopic.php?t=5955
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMzethar »

MisterXY wrote: 01 Apr 2024, 02:40
TOS defaults to enabling automatic timeout logout. If you do not want this, please go to TOS>Control Panel>Security and cancel "Enable TOS automatic logout on timeout"
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMzethar »

I would like to confirm with you whether the version you updated before TOS6 beta meets the requirements? Do you remember what version it is?
Did your SSD Hyper Cache work before the update?
Lihodej
Russia

Post by Lihodej »

DizConnected wrote: 01 Apr 2024, 12:23
Have you tried removing the M.2 drive(s) to see if you can access the web interface once the Hyper Cache drives are removed. I guess maybe you could make hyper cache from 2.5 SSD drives? If so try removing whatever drives you are using for Hyper cache to see if web access works afterwards.
It didn't help, now the server is turned on, but access to services is gone, hard drives are noisy, but nothing happens... You can see that there is a connection on the network, but there is no access to it, even through a special PC application. Can you tell me how to restore the system?
Lihodej
Russia

Post by Lihodej »

TMzethar wrote: 01 Apr 2024, 15:06
I would like to confirm with you whether the version you updated before TOS6 beta meets the requirements? Do you remember what version it is?
Did your SSD Hyper Cache work before the update?
Hyper Cache worked, the TOC version was suitable, and even everything booted up for the first time and everything was PERFECT, but Hyper Cache was not enabled, after enabling it, there is no access to the web interface anymore. And after the advice to remove the SSD, any access was lost.
Lihodej
Russia

Post by Lihodej »

I still have access to the server via SSH, is there a command to reset the server to factory settings?
Lihodej
Russia

Post by Lihodej »

Please save me! A lot depends for me on the performance of my NAS!

Return to “Update Notice”