The TOS 6 Beta Is Now Available for Public Testing

Official news about TOS, mobile app, PC app updates or beta releases
bwhh
United States of America

Re: The TOS 6 Beta Is Now Available for Public Testing

Post by bwhh »

I was able to update an F5-221 without issue, but am having a problem with an F4-422.

The F4-422 is healthy, with a RAID6 configuraiton. It had been updated to 5.1.123-0529. I also restarted before attempting to install the TOS 6 Beta.

When I tried to perform the manual update, I got an error that said:
Untitled-1.jpg
Is there any workaround? Or do I just have to wait until the full installer is available?
sjl070707

Post by sjl070707 »

I had issues with the hyper cache, ( have 2x1TB NVME drives)
so I decided to do factory reset of TOS 6.

After the factory reset.

- both NVME drives removed, harddrives in : NAS gets the IP, it's discoverable, however, the site can't be reached in the browsers
-- PC NAS shows, the NAS is uninitialized,
-- can't SSH, it says access denied (what is the root access username/pass? for TOS6)
-- browser, "the site can 't be reached"

- I also tried without any HDD in, no NVME
-- the device doesn't get any IP, no lights in the network adapter, I connected mouse/keyboard/monitor directly, it shows shell> on the monitor,

did my NAS get bricked?

how can I restore OS without loosing any data on the HDD?

Please help, I spent entire day yesterday to fix this.
Attachments
Screenshot 2024-03-21 at 3.50.22 PM.png
Screenshot 2024-03-21 at 3.54.32 PM.png
Screenshot 2024-03-21 at 3.51.21 PM.png
jpeckinp
United States of America

Post by jpeckinp »

Using F4-424 Pro and setup was fast and everything but USB Copy seems to work. It doesn't recognize my external USB Disk array. It wasn't a deal breaker though as TFM Backup does recognize the drives and I was able to set it up to run my backups.

I will say that the system runs much faster now and much more responsive.
sjl070707

Post by sjl070707 »

sjl070707 wrote: 22 Mar 2024, 03:55 I had issues with the hyper cache, ( have 2x1TB NVME drives)
so I decided to do factory reset of TOS 6.

After the factory reset.

- both NVME drives removed, harddrives in : NAS gets the IP, it's discoverable, however, the site can't be reached in the browsers
-- PC NAS shows, the NAS is uninitialized,
-- can't SSH, it says access denied (what is the root access username/pass? for TOS6)
-- browser, "the site can 't be reached"

-- the device doesn't get any IP, no lights in the network adapter, I connected mouse/keyboard/monitor directly, it shows shell> on the monitor,

did my NAS get bricked?

how can I restore OS without loosing any data on the HDD?

Please help, I spent entire day yesterday to fix this.

this is extremely frustrating,

the network light is not coming on,
the network light would come on with HDD installed, but WebUI is not accessible.
since the factory reset, there's no user account which I can use to SSH.
I'm out of options at the moment
Attachments
IMG_0794 Large.jpeg
sjl070707

Post by sjl070707 »

update,
I think the USB drive inside the unit is broken,
no media detected upon plugging in the windows.
sjl070707

Post by sjl070707 »

by creating another boot media using another USB drive,
I was able to get to the initialization screen,

during the factory reset, it broke the internal USB drive,

I created a new USB media to boot with, connected on the external USB port,
removed the old USB media from the internal USB.
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

bwhh wrote: 22 Mar 2024, 00:13 I was able to update an F5-221 without issue, but am having a problem with an F4-422.
The F4-422 is healthy, with a RAID6 configuraiton. It had been updated to 5.1.123-0529. I also restarted before attempting to install the TOS 6 Beta.

Untitled-1.jpg

Is there any workaround? Or do I just have to wait until the full installer is available?
I think the prompt has already been stated very clearly. Your system partition is too small to meet the update requirements, so it cannot be updated.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

Digit wrote: 22 Mar 2024, 15:15
Thank you for your report! We have collected enough cases so far, and our technical team is working on improving this issue. It is expected to be solved in the new version released in the near future.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
bwhh
United States of America

Post by bwhh »

TMroy wrote: 22 Mar 2024, 08:59
bwhh wrote: 22 Mar 2024, 00:13 I was able to update an F5-221 without issue, but am having a problem with an F4-422.

Untitled-1.jpg

I think the prompt has already been stated very clearly. Your system partition is too small to meet the update requirements, so it cannot be updated.
We'll the F4-422 is supposed to be supported, correct? How do I alter the system partition to allow the update?
Gremlin
Great Britain

Post by Gremlin »

Before thinking about rebuilding to modify a (supposed) partition issue, I would investigate the sizes of the partitions in the system. This can be done from the command line using system tools. [The GUI will not always tell the whole truth - I once had a situation where some dives had the requisite (nominal ) 8GB size, but one drive was left with a 2GB partition.] I have a suspicion that sometimes the update programme cannot correctly see the partition size either. [When is "8GB" really "8GB" :?: ]
F5-221 5.1.123, 8GB System Partition on 3 x 4TB Traid; 3TB EXT4
F2-221 TOS6 (Beta), 8GB System Partition on 2 x 6TB in Traid. (Latest Update 11/04/24)

Return to “Update Notice”