F2-212 Slow performance USB 3.0 Port

RAID, Volume, storage pool, hard drive, USB, SSD cache and iSCSI LUN
marcexeu

F2-212 Slow performance USB 3.0 Port

Post by marcexeu »

Hello, i am having worst performance using my SSD on the USB 3.0 port than when using a raid 1 HDD

NAS TNAS T2-212

I can get data up to 70mb/s transferring files to my 2x1tb HDD Raid 1, when transferring data to my SSD on the USB 3.0 port of the NAS if i can get 30mb/s is already alot (same files). I think this is a software issue, since the same HDD connected to a notebook USB 3.0 port has much better performance, as if it was connected directly to a sata port.
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Re: T2-212 Slow performance USB 3.0 Port

Post by TMzethar »

We need to reconfirm your description.
The TNAS model you mentioned is F2-212 instead of T2-212, right?
What you installed in F2-212 is RAID1 with two disks, right? What type of hard drives are they? Has the synchronization been completed?
What model of external USB device are you using? Is it built-in SSD or HHD?
Did you previously perform the transfer task through a browser or File Manger/Finder on PC/MAC?
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
marcexeu

Post by marcexeu »

Sorry, yes, F2-212

Yes, disks already synchronized, no apps running on the background etc..

2x 1TB HDD 7200RPM set to Raid 1 using BTRFS
The external SSD (1tb crucial MX300) is on a Ugreen Case that supports up to USB 3.1 UART connected to the USB 3.0 Port on the NAS.

I have tried transfers from:

Internal HDDs -> External SSD - Slow 25-30mb/s
computer connected to the NAS via ethernet 1000mbps -> External SSD connected to the NAS - Slow 25-30mb/s

computer connected to the NAS via ethernet 1000mbps -> Internal Disks on the NAS - Fast, Up to 75mb/s

I have also tried to use another SSD but the results are the same.
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMzethar »

We have not yet found any similar slow speed issues from our laboratory test results and feedback from other F2-212 users.
Do you transfer through network mapped disks? If you use F2-212 to map a USB drive to a network disk on your computer for data transfer, the data needs to first pass through the computer before being transferred to other devices, which can cause a speed decrease.
What is the speed you get if you perform file management transfer on TOS web pages?
What is the speed you get if you connect the USB case to your computer and transfer it between your local disk and the USB case?
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

marcexeu wrote: 14 Mar 2024, 04:32
Considering that the 1TB hard drive may have been in use for a considerable amount of time, its potential risk of failure cannot be ignored. Especially after setting up a RAID 1 array, it may have some impact on the overall performance. In order to accurately diagnose the issue, if you have other available hard drives at hand, it is recommended that you install and test them individually to gain a clearer understanding of their status and specific impact on performance.
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)

Return to “Storage”